style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

My Boyfriend is filing for Bankrupcy, i have been supporting him through this, however i am posting this thread for advice on myself, My Fiances are fine, I have a HP car which i have paid soley for the past 3 years, The logbook is in my name and so is the insurance. however my Fiance is a named driver on the insurance policy, i put him on the insurance last year. Can the OR take an interest in my car? i need my car for work and use it for business needs so cannot function nor earn money without it.

Thankyou.

I can't imagine that being an insured driver is at all relevant to bankruptcy

Edited by Conniff

Worry not you are the beneficial owner of the vehicle, the receiver in BR cannot have any interest in the car.

Anyone can be named on an insurance policy if the company accepts them it does not mean that they have any

financial interest in the vehicle.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thankyou for your replies. Mind is now at rest.

Ok No problems at all for you with this!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Another quick one, my partner owes 34 thousand to the mortgage company for a house he owned with his ex partner, the house has been re-possessed would this be included in the insolvency? Thankyou.

Is this a mortgage shortfall?

If so when did the repo take place, and have the mortgage company been chasing this?

Yes the shortfall can be included although his ex could still be pursued if it isn't statute barred. Not his problem I know, but just making you aware.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Do you know if the lender is/was a member of the Council of Mortgage Lenders?

What is statute barred? He does not speak to his ex, although his mum

Seems to think she took him to court over not paying the mortgage... The mortgage was with (Halifax) and it is the shortfall. They have already sent letter to my address in my partners name asking for the 34 thousand back... :/ thanks everyone.

Statute Barred = Limitations Act 1980 lays down periods of time that govern the enforceability of debts and many other matters.

The Limitation on mortgage debt is 12 years for mortgages under seal, if the mortgage lender does not have had contact with the debtor for 12 years the shortfall cannot be enforced in court, how ever the Council Of Mortgage Lenders has agreed that its members will not pursue a shortfall by court action after 6 years in line with the limitation applicable to other debts