Chris Grayling privatising the probation service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bungling Secretary of State for Justice, Chris Grayling, has announced plans to hand over probation services to some of the shadiest companies operating in the UK.

Grayling is introducing a payment by results scheme for new probation contracts, similar to the one he helped launch on the Work Programme back when he was the bungling Employment Minister. The Work Programme so far has been an unmitigated disaster as private sector poverty drones have sat back and let the cash roll in from start fees, cherry picked the easiest to help and forced them into workfare, and largely abandoned everyone else.

According to The Guardian, the public sector will not be allowed to bid for the draconian new contracts which will cover 70% of the work carried out by probation services. Social Workers should take note, this won’t end with probation staff.

story http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/

What companies are in the front line for the contracts? G4s and A4e. G4s the 'firm' that made a huge cock up over security at the Olympics, their performance was so bad the army was called in to 'police' the event, and A4e the 'firm' that has failed so spectacularly in the Welfare to Work sector coupled with allegations of fraud.

Companies that have a track record of failure time and time again are being given preferential treatment, something is very wrong.

Edited by citizenB

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

This country will end up like America. Money driven and run by corporations. Basically what will happen is that we will have huge corporations like BlackWater ( USA) running things and if you keep up with current events in the US and Middle East.....we all know that will end up bad.

Time to emigrate to Oz it think.

Shocking news , really is.

Companies that have a track record of failure time and time again are being given preferential treatment, something is very wrong.

Look up their board of directors and their political affiliations.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The probation service offers both preventative ( through rehabilitation ) and obviously custodial types of service. If we do privatise it what will come first :

Profit or quality of service ?

Not everyone in prison is necessarily a bad person. Everyone deserves a second chance in life after they have served the sentence.

Rehabilitation must come before profit in my view.