Local Auto Supplies Wont Pay Me Labour Costs Back

Ray Taxi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can assist me on this one please, as i am stuck to what my rights are.

Firstly my vehicle was taken to my garage that I have used for years ( Highland CVR) situated on Boughton Industrial Estate. It had a diagnostics scan and it pointed to the DPF on my exhaust system.

After full examination of my exhaust system it was found that my old DPF had collapsed and blown into the back box. So I was advised to get a new one and it would get fitted whilst it was on the ramp. After a couple of hours Sutton Auto Factors Ollerton rang me to tell me new one had arrived.

The new DPF was taken to my mechanic and it was fitted, with a nicely cleaned out back box. All codes was cleared before start up. After the vehicle was started I was told it needed to go for a casual run. So I asked my wife if she fancied a drive out to Newark.

After taking a steady drive and back to Newark, we got back into Ollerton and the engine management light came on again with total loss of power. With trying to limp to the garage the car stalled and would not start. After 10 mins the RAC was called, and on their investigation error code P2279 came up Air Intake Leak. After being recovered to my mechanic, he looked at the error code and said we should take it to Vauxhall Worksop as it could be a number of things.

The Vehicle was taken to Walkers Vauxhall at Worksop and after £255.66 of investigation they pointed out that it was the DPF that had been fitted. I then spoke to my mechanic and he recovered the vehicle back to his garage where the DPF was taken off. Once off the vehicle would start.

Faulty DPF was diagnosed.

So i rang Sutton Auto Factors Ollerton and explained and they said to return it to their shop.

On returning it back to their shop, i was told if i needed an exchange unit i would have to pay for a second one and get compensated once the other unit was checked. I then told them that i would also like a claim back for money i had just spent out on Vauxhalls bill and my local garage bills.

They said to me if i want to claim labour i could not have an exchange unit until it had been checked out to be faulty. So basically if i didnt claim labour costs i could have a new one. I said just get one and we will deal with this after. New one arrived, got fitted and 600 miles later everything is great with the car.

Now they are saying that because i had the replacement unit, my right to claim has gone. Is this right ? Costs altogether for labour is £510 .56, where they are lucky i didnt put in for having to have 2 days away from work to sort it out.

What rights do i have as a consumer. Please help

good luck with the auto factors

someone will be along with advice soon

however sutton auto factors is known as a bad egg (father in law used to work there)

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: