Atos in an all time low

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pride's Purge

~ an irreverent look at UK politics

Search:

cropped-pridespurge7.jpg

ATOS tell woman with mental age of 3 yrs to get a job (not satire – please share)

11 Thursday Apr 2013

Posted by Tom Pride in cynicism

352 Comments

Tags

ATOS, Coalition, disability, Tories, unemployment

(THIS IS NOT SATIRE – it’s the UK today!)

Fahmeena is 30 years old. She can’t walk or talk and has an estimated mental age of about 3 years old.

She likes to be called Princess Meena. Here she is:

princes-meena.jpg?w=529ATOS – in their wisdom – have assessed her and have decided that Princess Meena doesn’t need any benefits and she should go and get a job instead.

So Meena’s sister – Farzana – has decided to turn to social media to ask for ideas about what job she could do.

Here’s some information to help you with ideas for work for Meena:

Meena has Profound Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), brain damage, Cerebral Palsy, can’t talk, can’t walk, has a mental age of 3, is incontinent and likes wearing pink and Minnie the Mouse headbands as well as making ****bombs.

If you have any ideas for jobs that Meena can do, you can post your ideas under the hashtag #JobsforMeena on Twitter.

Presumably Princess Meena is an example of one of the myriad ’scroungers’ unfairly claiming disability benefits we hear so much about.

Not a word of this is satire I can assure you, but I’m sure many people will have the same question as I have.

What have we become in this once great country that we turn our backs on people like Meena?

I agree, but stating she is fit for work is an obscenity,

when they closed the remploy factory down a few years ago, 127 people lost their jobs, since then only 4 people have located further employment

I agree, but stating she is fit for work is an obscenity,

when they closed the remploy factory down a few years ago, 127 people lost their jobs, since then only 4 people have located further employment

Hi Squaddie,

only just come across your post. Remploy was an example of what can be done for people with disabilities. I know a few people who are deaf and remploy was their way into to doing something usfull with their time. There was no way into the "Job market" as it's called.

Nice to hear a tory MP saying, It's just a lot of people sitting around drinking coffee!

An other attack on the weak and poor. I can't tell you my feeling about the people I know.

On an open site, words fail me.

Keep on going!

pitcher

Awop-Bop-A-Loo-Mop-Alop-Bam-Boom. ~ Little Richard.

If I remember rightly the family have issued a statement saying that an error had been made in this case and were asking people to stop rehashing this story I'll try and find where I read that.

Can't find it now but scoop it who ran the story have now removed it. There weren't many details simply that the family said it was an error.

Edited by dibdabable