First Plus Repossession

churchilluk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Am hoping someone can help me. Ive just been served with an eviction notice for my home from First Plus.

The took my to court last september for eviction but suspended it as we cam to an agreement. I broke the agreement with them as was not working and have since started work again and made a payment this month. But today I was handed an eviction notice for the 28/3/2013.

I have been in contact with eversheds to explain and made them a new offer on what I can afford but still waiting to hear back from them.

Should I fill in an N244 form or wait to hear from them.

I think you've got time to wait for a response from them - probably give them till Monday, then if you don't get a good response fill in the N244 - we can help you with that.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, Ive spoken to eversheds this morning who are dealing with this for first plus & they will not accept my offer. They want a lump some of money before they will accept it, which I don't have. So it looks like am going to have to fill in the N244 form and submit it on Monday. I cannot believe they are wanting to take a way someones house for arrears of £6027.88.

Any help would be great.

Hi, I'm not around until Sunday evening - you can download the N244 & budget sheet here (post 2) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession and you will get examples of how to fill it in and write a statement to go with it in the guide in post 1

I'll look in on Sunday night when I get back to see if you need any more help.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn

Ive already had a look at them and created a Budget sheet & Statement. If you could take a look and let me know if they are ok that would be great.

Edited by churchilluk

Hi Churchhilluk,

Just to let you know that you have left both your full names on your statement. but also wanted to tell you to be VERY wary of Eversheds.

I am currently going through repossossion with them and First Plus and before the court date in January I spoke to someone there and they basically implied that they just wanted a suspended possession order, I was scared of going to court and felt like prehaps I didn't have to, I was very close to not putting in a defence or even showing up but I decided to do a very detailed defence and I turned up, it was lucky that I did as the Eversheds rep was determined that he wanted posession in 28 days!!

Luckily the judge read my defence and ordered that FP reply to all the issues raised.

But I just wanted to warn you that they are tricky!

Anyway, hope all goes well for you.

Hi Churchhilluk,

Just to let you know that you have left both your full names on your statement.

Thanks for that I have now removed them. I hope it does go well as I dont want to lose the family home, especially when my mortgage company was fine with it and accept my payment of arrears.

Of course you don't want to lose your home, but just make sure you take what Eversheds say with a pinch of salt - make sure you go to any hearings too and defend yourself! I was scared of going to court but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Good luck :-)

Not wanting to highjack your thread but I'm in the same boat. I got a letter from Eversheds saying they had applied for repo on the 11th March. My main concern is how long is it likely to be before I hear from the court as I will be away until the 26th March. The letter from Eversheds details it will take two weeks. I'm hoping that doesnt mean they can reposses on the 25th.

Hi, sorry for delay - I didn't get back as early as I'd hoped yesterday and have been busy at work this morning. The statement looks fine - on the budget sheet it shows that you have £54 left over after everything has been accounted for - if you are questioned about that you should say it is for emergencies i.e. car repair or unexpected expense for children's clothes, school outings etc.

There is a fee of £40 to pay when you take the form into the court office and it will have to be paid in cash. Also, ask at the counter if there will be any duty legal advisers present at court on the day of your hearing, they can accompany you into court and help support your case.

Did you ask if there will be any duty legal advisers on Thursday ?

Hi Ell-enn I asked and they said they would not be any around, so it looks like I will have to go alone on this. Hopefully I have a good case to stay in my house as I can now afford the payment and a little bit extra as well.

Hi. What area are you? pm if you wish.

All will be fine, you have been directed well from here, Although the courts say no dutys on Thursday, be sure to ask on the day as you never know, it worked for me, However you will be fine by yourself too.

Good Luck

Regards..Mr Worried :)

That's great news - well done :)

Did First Plus send anyone to court to represent them ?