• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Who should I report Wonga to? Is it the OFT?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a repayment plan with Wonga.

I pay £45 per month. I have paid three installments via standing order. There should technically be no problems as they have agreed it, and I am paying it with no problems.

However they refuse to confirm they have rec'd the payments (I mailed to check the bank details from wonga as they are different to any I've ever seen posted in this forum) and they point blank have refused to let me know despite the (12) emails I have sent - they simply reply with the generic mail " please call us"

Finally this morning they say they haven't had any payments :!: and 'please call us". I am adamant to keep this to email - yet despite supposedly not getting payment, nor updating my online balance, they haven't chased up the debt in way - no calls, no nothing just responses to MY emails. This si since September.

Can someone please tell me how to deal with this :(

They did confirm the bank details eventually - but not my payments(obviously I have proof as they are all on my bank statements)

Pay what you legitimately owe via your bank. Then when it reaches the total amount owing, stop payments and tell them to go jump off a cliff.

If you have everything in writing and full evidence of your transactions they would be stupid to do anything.

Also, they are in breach of their credit licence. Get a full complaint into the OFT and wonga.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I haven't got the bottle to do that - just leave it in mid-air I'm too much of a stressbag. I need to know where the hell my money is going to if they can't find it or are refusing to even attempt to locate it.

Dont worry about it. You have proof you sent it to them. What they do with it is their problem not yours.

You could file a FULL complaint to the lender and the OFT. The lender would have 8 weeks to resolve the complaint or you can get the FOS involved.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I will do that - thing is I reckon they DO have the payments because my account balance has remained static they are not hammering it with charges AND they are making no attempt to recover the debt via any other channel so there must be something stopping them.

Thanks btw.

Make sure you get that complaint to the oft asap, and make sure you tell wonga what you are doing. They are on very dodgy ground lately.

• 4 weeks later...

I' ll try to be brief!

I entered into a repayment plan with Wonga starting 30/11/2012. I pay via standing order. I have made every single payment as promised.

However they *lost* payments, they contact me every month saying I haven't paid, threaten escalation, refuse to communicate by email. Every time I mail them they send me a generic 'this would be better sorted out by phone' mail and it goes round in circles every single month till they *locate* the payments and apologise.

Last month was the worst and essentially their ineptitude made me think the wrong bank details had been input by myself and all my payments had gone elsewhere (they hadn't, but for a few hours I was sick with anxiety)

In addition to this my husband is currently receiving treatment for cancer (the loans are in his name) I have told them this and last month threatened to report them until they located all the payments and verified this via email. Eventually...that's what they did.

Paid my installment yesterday...guess what? Mail ten minutes ago threatening escalation etc. I'm keeping all this from my husband, but I'm at my wits end so now I need to know who to report them to because I am going round in ceircles on the OFT website - I cannot find any info on what I shouold do or how and who to contact : (

you go through citizens advice, www. adviceguide.org.uk they have to have a lot of complaints so won't act on just one,keep all your emails as proof of harassment.

just a quick question, did they say payment to be made on xx of each month, if so you need to make it a few days before the date due, or was it payment to be made before xx of the month, if so and your payment is made before that date it is a fault at their end.

Make a formal complaint, in writing to Wonga, Head the letter FORMAL COMPLAINT, tell them that you are in a repayment plan with them, the payments are made on xx of every month,by standing order, and you have no Idea how THEY can say you havent paid on the same day the payment is sent to them, point out that you have informed them of your husbands illness and that they are harrassing you.which is against OFT guide lines. also tell them that you will not communicate by phone, any phonecalls that are received will be logged and recorded by date and time, all, communication will be by letter or email ,so you have confermation should any question about what has been agreed need checking

remember do not speak to them on the phone unless you can record the call, just tell them' i take it you have received my complaint of the xx/xx/xxxx so you know this call is being recorded. if you can't recored the call and they do phone, dont go through security checks ,just say in writing only and hang up.

My best wishes to you and your Husband hope all goes well with his treatment xx

forgot to say keep a copy of the letter aswell xxx

the reason they want you to phone is to get you to give them your card details, saying it will be easier for them to take the money each month from your account. DO NOT DO IT, they have been known to empty accounts this way

Edited by wittsend
just had a thought

As wittsend say'swhen paying by standing order depending on the bank it can take between 2 hours and 3 days to be in the receiving account. My account at the Halifax had a problem a few weeks ago and instead of the payments being in the receiving accounts over night they did not appear until the third day.

dpick

• 1 month later...

Disgusting that they refuse to communicate via e-mail. Tell them you'll only communicate with them via a written method so as to protect the interests of both parties, in that any and all communications will be logged and available if a dispute arises later.

At least you're paying by Standing Order so you have control of the payments. I've read a lot of empty bank account horror stories with this company.