• Tweets

• quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though. A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees. https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

opos.ignoring me, what do i do?

liz01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive been reading loads of posts etc on these muppets,i have made massive headway in all our debts, due to me being seriously ill and unable to now work,ive taken advice from this brilliant website and payplan's website and got nearly all of our creditors to accept £2 per month, most without any problem apart from OPUS/minicredit, they have dropped the £100 debt i should have paid back from £1100!! since november!! to £459, like they have done me some massive favour by reducing the amount! ive emailed and emailed daily to say i will only pay the initial loan plus one months default and one months fee, have continually been ignored, have blocked them on my house phone and mobile! i have been emailing opus (and before that minicredit) since January but no reply, i have offered a payment plan and said i could start this on the 20th feb, but as they have not replied i have not paid, should i just go ahead and pay the £10 i have offered, now i have their bank details, or wait until they reply? can they refuse to accept a payment plan? and how do i complain? who do i complain to? any advice would be great.

If they wont reply, then you can hunt down their bank details and make a standing order, or you can send a postal order. If you choose the PO, deduct the cost of the PO plus the stationary used from the total debt owed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

For pdls, work on the basis that you owe the loan, original stated interest and a default fee. If they want the charges, they can justify that that are fair and proportionate first.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

have received this email today, what response do i give please?? and are they likely to take court proceedings?

If you are currently in financial difficulty and are unable to settle in full immediately we still need to speak with you to discuss your financial situation and to agree a manageable repayment amount to clear the debt in a timely manner. Please call us on 0844 372 2128, email us at general @oposlimited.com or make payment by going to our website www.oposlimited.com () and quote your reference

Failure to adhere to this notice with result in your account being passed to our legal representatives: Debt Recovery Service for further action where the following enforcement action will be considered in the event Decree/County Court Judgment is secured against you:-

Wages – Your employer would receive an arrestment/attachment order that will enable us to secure payment of the above amount including cost from your wages. This will be an allotment of pay if you serve in HM Forces.

Property – An inhibition/charging order will prohibit the sale of the above property and the ability to re-mortgage or secure funds.

We hope this matter can be resolved without this action and look forward to receiving your payment

Drs are not legal reps. They are a simple dca.

have received this email today, what response do i give please?? and are they likely to take court proceedings?

If you are currently in financial difficulty and are unable to settle in full immediately we still need to speak with you to discuss your financial situation and to agree a manageable repayment amount to clear the debt in a timely manner. Please call us on 0844 372 2128, email us at general @oposlimited.com or make payment by going to our website www.oposlimited.com () and quote your reference

Failure to adhere to this notice with result in your account being passed to our legal representatives: Debt Recovery Service for further action where the following enforcement action will be considered in the event Decree/County Court Judgment is secured against you:-

Wages – Your employer would receive an arrestment/attachment order that will enable us to secure payment of the above amount including cost from your wages. This will be an allotment of pay if you serve in HM Forces.

Property – An inhibition/charging order will prohibit the sale of the above property and the ability to re-mortgage or secure funds.

We hope this matter can be resolved without this action and look forward to receiving your payment

I have also had the same email and don't know what to do next.

Its a generic threat letter. Ignore.

have finally had a reply from opos. they have reduced the debt again, so from over £1000 a few months ago for a £100 or actually a £80 loan after they took off the fee for paying it into my account, its now been reduced today to £300, and are accepting a payment plan, do you think i should now accept that or would i be pushing my luck to get them to reduce to the iniital loan with interest should have been £120 plus one default and one months interest?? they have said the following :::Please be aware that the section 87 in the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not apply for an overdue credit. This applies for the long-term credits when the Customer wishes to repay the credit back before the final payment date allowing the creditor to charge interest up to one following month. any advice most welcome please.

Keep pushing. Dont accept anything less than ALL bogus charges removed. The fact that theyve dropped the debt that much shows they know that they have added on silly charges.

Remind them of their obligations under OFT guidance on Debt Collection.

Keep pushing. Dont accept anything less than ALL bogus charges removed. The fact that theyve dropped the debt that much shows they know that they have added on silly charges.

Remind them of their obligations under OFT guidance on Debt Collection.

thank you for that renegadeimp, i will email in the morning again, how do you think i should respond please?

Ask for a full breakdown first. Dont mention anything about the charges just yet. We need to see what charges are on there and what they are attributed to.

ok thank you so much, they have said on the email today, that interest for the month would be £120 and charges £80 plus the initial loan = just over £300 to pay back

80 of charges is definitley suspicious. request the FULL itemised breakdown.

80 of charges is definitley suspicious. request the FULL itemised breakdown.

hi renagaimp, had a reply from them after asking for breakdown, reply as follows Our client is satisfied that all questionable charges have been removed, and the current charges levied are well within the OFT guidelines and therefore wouldn’t consider a further reduction on the charges already removed.

We at Opos can however allow the flexibility of no further charges or interest levied offering yourself(s) 6 months to repay the settlement offered by our client which are the following and then they remind me of the amount to pay, i have made a formal complaint to oft etc for the wya we have been ignored and treated, can only afford maximum of £10 per month, gonna take longer than the 6 months they have offered!! any advice please? thank you

Thats still not an answer. Opos are minicredit. keep demanding FROM minicredit that breakdown.

Thats still not an answer. Opos are minicredit. keep demanding FROM minicredit that breakdown.

hi renegaimp, they have replied again saying they would do a payment plan but it would cost me another £120 + for the pleasure of doing so , so for a £100 debt they want over £450 to accept the monthly plan i offered!! i have emailed back as im so angry and told them to take me to court, had enough, i am at moment hooked upto machines having treatment as im so unwell but am NOT going to back down until i get the figure that is acceptable, have also asked again for a complete breakdown, email back saying ive been passed to someone else at opos!

Quite easy.

1) Rang the same person twice a day - using private number so couldnt be identified - basically just kept repeating myself on the phone.

THEN

2) email him the conversation we just had (sometimes sending it 4 times by accident :smile:)

THEN

3) twice a week printed all the emails, put it in the post and sent it to them by recorded

THEN

4) created a fake AOL account (something like lawsolutions or something) then emailed him to say i was taking them to court and who do the court papers need making out to in the company

i then got a lovely settlement email from them which i settled with....original loan was £690....ended up paying £750 in a lump sum....at one point they asked for 4k and i basically had a 10 minute laughing fit down the phone when they asked me if i was in a position to make that payment today..

seriously guys these people arent intelligent...do not be afraid of these guys....keep all letters...send letters...send emails...no phone calls unless recorded...to be honest im quite upset i cant harass them anymore :0 twas great fun

45k Debt - June 2016

35k Debt - May 2018

24k Debt - April 2020

The battle is slow but I will win the war

hi, lol, wow i love this! but i dont have a lump sum to pay them,told them to take me to court, never dealt with such muppets ever, i have serious illness and cant work now, these are the only ones causing immense stress which isnt helping my illness, im normally very placid but the last email i sent i was so mad, i couldnt care less what they do, reminded them of the 12 weeks to clean up their act! after yesterdays oft announcement!, have made complaint to the oft, but i stupidly put that i would compromise and pay the £300+ on a payment plan, but wish i hadnt said that now as its still too much, considering i only had £80 off them!! will await the reply now from the person whom its now been passed to in the same office!!

even if they do accept your offer...just change it again to suit your needs

45k Debt - June 2016

35k Debt - May 2018

24k Debt - April 2020

The battle is slow but I will win the war

even if they do accept your offer...just change it again to suit your needs

yes thats what i will do i think, i now have their bank details and will start to pay what i can afford each month until ive paid the initial loan, plus ones months interest and one default then they can whistle for the rest!

hi renegaimp, they have replied again saying they would do a payment plan but it would cost me another £120 + for the pleasure of doing so , so for a £100 debt they want over £450 to accept the monthly plan i offered!! i have emailed back as im so angry and told them to take me to court, had enough, i am at moment hooked upto machines having treatment as im so unwell but am NOT going to back down until i get the figure that is acceptable, have also asked again for a complete breakdown, email back saying ive been passed to someone else at opos!

Further email this afternoon, they will now accept a payment plan, charges as follows::

Loan Principal £100only received £80 though in the bank/

2. Interest 1% of the principal per day from 05/11/2012 to 05/03/2013 totalling £159,

(although 2 default emails were sent within 48 hours of each other and having activated a hardship application just after that, also first week of january i had an email saying,We have reviewed your hardship application. Your account will be sent to our DCA partner. They will contact you, so they continued to add interest until 2 days ago??)

Overdue penalty £25 (added 06/11/2012)

Overdue penalty £55 (added 08/11/2012)

they took £25 from my account in november, so have paid £25 so far.

also said plan would be for 6 months then reviewed! then goes on to say, with the condition the instalment then be overlooked..... yep overlooked!!

next step?? forward to oft? and email to say??

The overdue charges you can ignore. As well as all that extra interest. You also need to ask why you only received 80 out of the 100. if they give you any bull about transfer fees, simply pop into your bank and ask them what they think.