o2 default notice

Krazeh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on dealing with o2 who have placed a default notice on my credit file.

I originally discovered the default some time ago on my Equifax file however this was removed after I contacted Equifax who wrote to o2 and never recieved a response so removed the entry. About a month or so ago I discovered this entry was also on my Experian file and after contacting Experian they say they've been told by o2 that they are unable to amend or delete the entry at this time.

I currently hold an account with o2 and have done since genie became part of o2 years ago, this has been my one and only account with o2, it's just been renewed and had tariff changes but I have never opened a new account. The default is dated 10/05/2003 and says it was for a balance of £258 and now has a current balance of £198. I have never been contacted by o2 in relation to this apparent debt, no request for payment, no default notice, no contact from debt collectors.

I assuming the dafault is linked to some some trouble i had with my phone disconnecting from the network at the end of 2002. On 2 separate occassions it refused to connect and each time I contacted o2 customer services to find out what was wrong and get reconnected. After each call I was informed that they were unable to find anything on my account that would explain a disconnection and I was reconnected. I should add that I specifically asked each time whether there were any billing issues that might have caused it.

Looking at my credit file it appears a second credit agreement was set up on the 1/1/2003 and my account has subsequently run through that agreement and is fully upto date.

This default is preventing me obtaining a loan at the moment and as such I would like to have it removed completely from my file. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best course of action for me to take?