• Tweets

• Jasowter I hope that common sense prevails with Iceland and the whole matter can be successfully ended. I would perhaps not have used a spell checker just to prove the dyslexia 🙂 though it may have made it more difficult to read. I noticed that you haven't uploaded the original PCN .Might not be necessary if the nes from Iceland is good. Otherwise perhaps you could get your son to do it by following the upload instructions so that we can appeal again with the extra ammunition provided by the PCN. Most of them rarely manage to get the wording right which means that you as the keeper are not liable to pay the charge-only the driver is and they do not know the name and address of the driver. So that would put you both in the clear if the PCN is non compliant.
    • Thank you so much. Yes, I wish I had done my research and not paid. It's all for the same car park. Here is one of the original PCNs, they are all the same bar different dates. PCN-22.03.24-1.pdf PCN-22.03.24-2.pdf
    • Hi Clou, Welcome to the Forum and thank you for reading first before you posted. There seems to be many problems with Cornwall and getting a signal to use your a phone which could be why these parking companies don't use alternatives. It is a shame you paid the first one as you would probably have not had to pay that one either.  Was the car park at which you paid the same parking company as the one sending you these PCNs? On the subject of PCNs could you please post them up so we can see if they comply with the Act.
    • 1 Date of the infringement 16th March   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 22nd March   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received unsure   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] UNSURE   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes   6 Have you appealed? [Y] post up your appeal] Yes. Stated incorrect location was used in JustPark app as honest mistake. Rejected of course.   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Yes, rejected:   Site: Sea View Car Park, PL27 6SR Date of Event: 16th March 2024 We are in receipt of your challenge in relation to the above Parking Charge. Appeals must be handled in a fair and consistent manner, therefore, in order for us to cancel any Parking Charge; it is necessary for us to find that the Notice was issued in error. As per the clear and prominent signage at this location ('The Contract'), drivers agree to pay the sum of £100 if 'A valid ticket is not displayed face-up on the dashboard; enabling all of the printed information to be inspected'. 'The Contract' also details that there is an exception for those with a valid mobile session in place. Had the driver felt that the terms of the contract were unacceptable, they had the option to seek alternative parking. By remaining, the driver is deemed in law to be bound by the terms of 'The Contract'. Our photographic evidence confirms that a valid ticket was not displayed, and a search of our records confirms that no mobile session was in place for the registration XXXX at this location; therefore, your appeal is declined. We note that you have submitted evidence of payment; however, said payment is not for this location. It may be the case that you feel that the charge is unfair; however, there is no legal basis to now reject a charge that the driver has already agreed to pay. In light of the above, the sum £100.00 is payable by 21/05/2024 or £170 thereafter. Our internal appeals procedure is now exhausted, our decision is final; therefore no further correspondence other than payment will be addressed or responded to. Should you disagree with our decision, you may submit an appeal to 'The Independent Appeals Service'; full details are on the rear of this letter. 7 Who is the parking company? Alliance Parking LTD   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Sea View Car park, Polzeath, Cornwall   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS Hi there, thanks in advance for any help on this.   Had 3 'PCNs' in post from Alliance for parking 3 times over a period of two weeks, unfortunately we were away from home so letters must have come over the two weeks but we received all at once if that makes sense. I realised I had used the wrong location on the car park app. The signs are not clear what the location is called (no code.) I only had receipts for two instances so I assume the first it didn't go through as had terrible signal. Paid £60 for one of the fines. Appealed the others saying it was an honest mistake and not very good signage (unfortunately submitted on their website and have no evidence of my appeal.) received the rejection of appeal as above.   Have now received the attached letter of claim. I have done some research for the amazing snotty letters but wonder if someone could kindly help me with writing one specific to my case? Thank you so very much in advance. LOC-alliance-1.pdf Apologies, 2nd page of LOC here. LOC-alliance-2.pdf
    • Would still like to see the court bundle  Any part ex as deposit or any deposit paid on the agreement does imo count towards the one third or the half in the case of a VT
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Hobbers vs HSBC!!

Hobbers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just come across this website thanks to Google, after a friend told me how he had managed to reclaim his bank charges. I didn't even know this was possible until now and have paid hundreds of pounds in the last 6 years. Some months I was charged £150 in charges - just for going over my overdraft!! I queried this at the time, but basically got told that they were allowed to make these charges and I had to pay them! Now I know differently!!

I'm now going to use the templates from this site to see what I can claim back. I've just bought the envelope labels to show the bank I'm serious!! First thing will be to send them the Subject Access Request letter this week. I'll let you know what happens from there!!

Wish me luck!!

:-)

Hi,

Wish me luck!!

Good luck and you know where we all are!!:D

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Hi Hobbers

Good to see your new thread.

Best advise is take 3 days and have a good read around the site.

The Q&A hold alot of info, its vital you know the steps that you will take and how far your case can go and that it could go to court.

The results are still coming in and money is still being handed back. So the best of luck kicking some bank butt.:D

Hi Hobbers,

Just to let you know that is lots of support here on the site - read the FAQ first as already suggested.

Just to give you an idea of time scales... I first requested my data back in July and it is only now that I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel - but ti will be worth it in the long run.

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have now worked out how to view the past 6 years via my internet banking, so have calculated that HSBC have taken £700 in charges during that time. All of which appear to be for simply going over the overdraft. One month, I was only £33 overdrawn, but got charged £75 for doing so! The preliminary approach letter has now been written and one of your stickers put on the envelope! Just one question though - would it be best to send it to the general HSBC head office address, or directly to Mr David Lewis, Head of Customer Relations?

Before I send the request for payment, I was thinking of altering the "What I require" paragraph to the following, to reinforce my claim:

"I calculate that you have taken £700 in charges over the last six years, which I am asking you to refund to me. You have also taken a further £75.07 in interest, which I believe more than covers the costs to which you have been put during this time. I am therefore only asking for the £700 in charges to be refunded. I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter."

I am not planning to claim for interest incurred on my charges, as it won't be that much and it is far too complicated!! Do you think the above paragraph would be OK to send, or is it confusing the matter?

Also, could someone explain when/why this 8% thing kicks in??!

Thanks! :-)

hobbers, you seem an intelligent chappie - you use that spreadsheet available up near the faqs. the advanced one with the yellow and blue columns. honestly, it's like sliced bread - and i'm not kidding. you put your charges (be sure you've read in the hsbc general stuff "which charges") on the left side and the interest charged and date on the right side and voila! it does it for you.

why let them off for anything - they don't let you off for a measly £33 overdrawn. get what they've taken - i'm sure they won't miss it. no more mr. nice guy "i'm only asking for ...." take the high road - they are wrong and you and thousands others are the little guy paying for it. i should have gone to church this morning - instead i'm ranting at you. anyway, before you decide i've lost the plot entirely i'll just say good luck and you know where we are if you need some moral support. yes, send it there or to your local bank, doesn't matter - but always send recorded delivery for £1. Also, Bong is right (as usual) don't worry about the 8% interest - that's a little further down the line when you file your claim with the court.

Thanks Lateralus and Bong!! Your help is much appreciated. Ok, I'll take your advice and use the spreadsheet to calculate the interest and get every penny I can out of them!!! :)

I'll do as Bong says and leave out my added bit about the interest. And I'll definitely be sending it recorded delivery!

I'm getting so fed up with these big organisations ripping off their customers and providing such appalling service! I've recently had dealings with both the water and energy suppliers, due to their incompetence and lies, and won my case in both instances, having significant amounts of money refunded.

Now it's HSBC's turn!!!! :mad:

I'll keep you posted!!

Update: The letter asking for my charges to be refunded has been sent today, recorded delivery, along with the schedule, and Consumer Action Group sticker firmly fixed to the front of the envelope so they cannot miss it!!

I'll let you all know if/when I get a reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Well, the letter was sent, with schedule, but no response has been received. It has now been 16 days since it arrived at their Head Office. Would you suggest I wait a bit longer, or send another letter?

:mad:

• 4 weeks later...

Right, well despite having sent 2 letter before actions (1 to their Head Office and 1 to the Customer Service Centre), I still have not had a response. That was almost 2 weeks ago. What should I do now? I've not had a response to any letters I've sent since I started this in October!! Has anyone else had this problem??

:mad:

RESULT!!! I actually had a letter yesterday from HSBC offering £625 of the £700 bank charges being claimed. They gave the usual response that if it went to court they think they would successfully defend the claim, etc, and that the offer is a gesture of good will because it would cost them more in management time, etc. Although it is not the full amount, I have chosen to accept the offer, having read other threads where people have declined and then HSBC have removed the entire offer altogether. As it is so close to what I was claiming for, I have chosen to accept.

My thanks go out to everyone who has helped me with this, and to the Consumer Action Group for helping me stick up for my consumer rights.

Incidentally, I also received a letter from Hoover on the same day with a pleasing result. I bought a Hoover vacuum cleaner 6 months ago which turned out to be faulty. To cut a long story short, the Hoover engineer confirmed it was a design fault and he had dealt with over 100 similar cases. Clearly Hoover had not carried out sufficient tests, etc, before selling this machine. Therefore, I registered an official complaint with them, threatening further action and stating that I was backed by the Consumer Action Group. After several letters and turning down their initial offers, they have finally offered me a full refund for the Hoover at £99, plus £150 in compensation!

The CAG is obviously a powerful name, so thank you!

(Not sure if the Hoover case is of any use to anyone, as I've not registered it as a thread anywhere else?)

Thanks again to everyone!

Merry Christmas!

Paul

:)