Two separate council tax wages arrestments?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. My husband currently has his wages by Stirling park from previous council tax debt. With this arrestment we have been unable to afford paying the current years council tax bill but were told at the time that this debt would roll onto the wages arrestment that is currently set up. The problem now is that walker love have now taken over the contract for the council tax and are looking to do a second wages arrestment or this years debt. Is this legal. Can we have 2 wage arrestment a for council tax running at the same time? I seriously think if it does go ahead we will either end up homeless as we will not have enough cash left over to pay the rent, bills , food and the up coming years council tax too. The proposal for a second wage arrestment will meen that over half of my husbands wages monthly will be arrested. We are already struggling to keep our heads above water at the moment and this would finish us off. The worst part is we both work in the finance sector so if we go into an Iva (or the Scottish equivalent -cant remember off the top of my head what it is called) there is a very good chance we will both lose our jobs which will only make matters worse.

Hi,

I'm sure two earnings arrestments must be joined together and treated as one arrestment, so I'd think the payment you will be making at the moment will be the maximum they can take so I can't see your payments changing.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

No you cannot have 2. Council tax arrestments at the same time.

A quick letter to them or if they apply for the second arrestment your employer should decline the request.

But are they applying the your husbands only? Cause

they can apply to each of your wages

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

As you correctly stated only one earnings arrestment can be in effect at any one time.

As Maroondevo stated, an application can be made to the sheriff court for a Conjoined Arrestment Order (CAO) which, if granted, will replace the existing earnings arrestement. The CAO will be restricted to the same deductions as an earnings arrestment.

As you correctly stated only one earnings arrestment can be in effect at any one time.

As Maroondevo stated, an application can be made to the sheriff court for a Conjoined Arrestment Order (CAO) which, if granted, will replace the existing earnings arrestement. The CAO will be restricted to the same deductions as an earnings arrestment.

As stated, this is the likely outcome.