PDE chasing payment that has been settled on the due date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I really need some advice. I had taken a loan with PDE and I had enough money on my account on the due date. But I have forgotten that my debit card has expired and has been replaced with a new one so therefore they didn't have correct details. I started receiving calls, texts and emails that the payment wasn't successful on the due date so I arranged bank transfer to their bank account and paid it in full. I sent them a few emails advising them about what happened and about the payment. My bank said that the payment should have been received on the same date (on the due date). I checked their bank details and I'm sure they are correct. But PDE keep chasing payment, they send me a few texts messages a day and keep emailing me. They said my loan is now attracting daily interest. They seem to ignore what I have written to them. Can anyone advise me what to do??

Thanks.

If you have 100% proof you have paid and your bank can confirm it, then they would be very silly to continue. Send them a simple letter that states the debt is paid in full. Get a copy of confirmation from your bank and copy the bank transaction to the PDL. (just the transaction. NOT the full statement).

If they continue to harass, then we can get a full complaint in with the OFT and other agencies. Sometimes, all the PDL needs is a little "nudge".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 4 weeks later...

You ay have sent it same day but think about how many customers they have. It's not going to magically get applied to your account, it takes a human being to do that so they are going to chase you until the payment has been allocated to your account. Hope everythings sorted now

Hi guys,

Thank you for your advice. They were chasing payment for about a week. I kept sending them the same emails informing them that my account was settled in full on the due date but they just ignored it. After about a week they stopped chasing payment and they started sending me messages offering me another loan.

Hi rob. Please make a FULL complaint to the OFT. PDL's are under investigation right now and have 12 weeks to turn their habits around or be shut down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...