Injured troops to receive £7,000-a-year for life

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An interesting report. Whilst we don't have females in the infantry, for example, we do have females in close combat support roles. On my last tour in Afghanistan female medics (RN and RAMC) were deployed in forward positions and were out on the ground with units such as RIFLES and RM. They did extremely well. There were also females out on the ground in CIED, logistics, engineer and signal roles. These are combat roles and do involve contacts with the enemy. As for the other countries, it may be true that they have women in combat roles. Denmark, for example - but in Afghanistan the only females were 2 nurses. I did not see or hear of females in any roles other than those similar to UK forces in other ISAF nation's deployed forces - Canada, Germany & France, for example, so I wonder if their equality policy is simply a matter of lip service.

I believe you are right, lip service ony, there are femal driver in close support legistics RLC very front line and are expected to engage the enemy.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: