Jump to content

When does a SIP become a SAP?

Recommended Posts

Another year and another attempt to have my 'service invaliding pension' (SIP) changed to a 'service attributable pension' (SAP).


A brief time line of events.


1989 Joined Army

2005 Attempted suicide on return from OP Telic 6. Various musculoskeletal injuries and a traumatic brain injury.

2007 MD'd with a SIP

2018 Diagnosed with CPTSD

2019 Awarded token WP gratuity payment circa 6k


2020 requested Vets agency to look at changing SIP to SAP, no response.

2021 as above.

2022 this is the year I want to get an answer


Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as to how and whose cage I need to be rattling please?


Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!



Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bazooka Boo


You need to make a Formal Complaint to the Veterans Agency that they have not responded to your request nor pointed you in the correct direction as to who deals with these matters.


Now as this is an Army Pension (still complain as above to Veterans Agency) it is out with the Veterans Agency as this is dealt with via the Forces Pensions Provider which you should get the quarterly updated mag from them due to your SIP (I get the SAP) and I can understand from your short brief why you want to try to get it changed from SIP to SAP.


My advice to do this is going to be difficult so I would have a wee chat with the Veterans Gateway as they can point and get different resources to contact you to assist with doing this from RBL to different Military Charities (some may even be in your area) to assist you with this.



The Veterans' Gateway team is the first point of contact for the welfare needs of veterans and their families.



How can we help today?


  • Thanks 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...