Secured Welcome Loan - now being chased by Lowell Group

StandingStill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What concerns me is that this ''agreement'' has surfaced after Lowell have stated it is no longer available, are the figures anything like you recall they should be.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

To be totally honest this all happened around the time of my divorce, I was in a bad place and have little memory of it.

But I cant believe I would have signed that, and I dont remember it! They have cleverly not included PPI!!

That is suspicious to, imo reject it on grounds of the signature and that you do not recognise the figures.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

what is concerning me is no Micky mouse insurance

what gives it away is no mortgage indemnity fee

not having one set of fees i can accept, but missing out two sets of fees is unheard of

can you post up the bottom half of the agreement

The Mortgage Indemnity Fee shall be charged to you by being included in the total advance. In return for payment of this fee, we agree that, in the event that it is necessary for us to enforce the security, and the value of the secured property upon sales is insufficient to cover all sums then due by you we shall not pursue you for the shortfall.

That's the normal statement, the indemnity fee has its own box as it cannot be included in the amount of credit for the goods. You have no indemnity fee included in the agreement

what is your view on post 36

Working late here I a Welcome FS Loan agreement on file it is exactly like the one posted here, also others from a few years back are the same, either this is a clever recon or the genuine article very hard to judge.

I am very concerned about this miraculous appearance particularly after some other instances of similar types with other DCAs and Welcome accounts.

At the moment I'm not sure that it is valid!

Ok, im going to draft a letter. Key points:

Thank you for you letter and copy "credit agreement"

Upon inspection I consider the account to still be in dispute.

I have no recollection of this account nor agreement

In addition I have concerns over the validity of the signature presented on the form.

Anything else I should say? How should I end it?

You do not recognise the format or content of the alleged agreement, nor can you reconcile the figures therein.

Send RD for the attention of Ms Sara de Tute, Director of Legal & Compliance, Lowell Group, Enterprise House,

1 Apex View, Leeds LS 11 9BH.

Thanks to you both for your help. I will send this RD tomorrow. Lets see where this goes next!

Good Luck!!

When you get a loan, say £500

That will be called the AMOUNT OF CREDIT

Then you will have to pay back the original loan plus interest and any extras such as PPI

These extras have to be listed as separate entities on the finance agreement, they are then added up to form THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF CREDIT which includes the amount of credit

If the mortgage indemnity fee or PPI as an example was added to the amount of credit, the amount of credit would then be misstated and as a prescribed term in the consumer credit regs, invalidates the agreement

Yes car credit had the same problem, any deposit made was deducted from the cost of inurance products, not the amount of credit which would be the car, amount of credit misstated, bang goes the agreement

Ok, I see, that makes sense. I will have that up my sleeve I think.

Also, do you have any thoughts regarding the two different interest rates displayed? It says 19.6% and 19.1% in different boxes? Confusing?

I cant get any online calculator to match the calculated numbers on this page