CCJ Against Company - also taken against my personal name as a director

gravitasuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have recently been in hospital for an extended period of time and a CCj against me has just come to my attention.

The matter is regarding a b2b transaction for some goods a couple of years back, and the buyer alleged they never received them (obviously trying it on.) The issue is the claimant put my company name on the claim form and also me as the director personally which is contrary to the concept of a limited liability company . My solicitor who usually advises me on such matters is on an extended holiday at the moment so I am unable to speak to him for advice, so I would apreciated any advice on how to deal with matter as it is currently causing me problems on credit issues. Recovering well and this is the last thing I need to worry about at the moment. Need to get rid of this or resolve it ASAP.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Hi gravitasuk and welcome to CAG

What action did you take with the initial summons......?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Then you can make application to set a side using the N244...fee £80.On the grounds of bad service (wrong address was not your previous address nor connected in anyway)

This will start the claim from the beginning and you can defend on the grounds that you state in your initial post.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No problem you are welcome.

In the meantine you need to do a little groundwork......

Which Court issued the CCJ and get a copy of the initial summons as you may have to provide an outline of your intended defence......so without the Claimants pleadings you will struggle to refute.

Best of luck.

Andy

:mod:

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE.

Regards

Andy

:mod:

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE.

Regards

Andy

Absolutely!

Replies in an open forum have the advantage that if andy's advice is rubbish we can tell him! ;)

Seriously, though it is unlikely he'd be wrong, it is possible that:

a) others might be able to add to, or clarify advice

b) others (in future) with the same or similar can find the thread and learn from it.

On occasions there are good reasons why advice or info needs to be exchanged privately, but thus tends to be the exception, not the rule.

• Haha 1