JimboJones Vs HSBtotheC

JimboJones06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people :)

I have read through a few peoples claims which all seem to have gone well, with the bank settling up everytime!

I'm about to start for the first time and am a touch worried, any tips I should know on how to start?

I have downloaded the first letter ready to edit, but I was not sure if I should set up a back-up account in case they choose to close mine before I send the letter?

Thanks everyone in advance, all my hopes are up! :-)

Jimbo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they only usually close ur account if u make more than one claim so is unlikely in ur case BUT, it does help to be prepared :-)

Also...they may ignore your letters but stick to ur deadlines rigidly and u will be fine.

send everything recorded delivery or hand it into branch and get a written reciept. they do try to pretend they dont recieve stuff to buy themselves some time so its best to have proof.

ummm...i cant think of anything else except start writing a shopping list for when u get ur money back :-D

good luck!

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

Thanks for the good advice!

So if I start by sending the first letter off (edited for me) how long untill I should hear back? 14 days? then if they take longer I can show them a recorded delivery reciept! Sorry but this is the first time i've done this sort of thing (newbie)!

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

all u need to do is give them 14 days to reply with ur repayment. the sad fact is they will probably ignore it. when the 14 days are up, send the letter before action (LBA) giving another 14 days to reply. once those 14 days are up go straight to MCOL and wipe the floor with them :D

lots of people dont get a reply all the way thru their claim. personally, i got a part offer half way through my LBA period for £1990 out of £2700 which i only accepted as part payment and carried on.

as long as u stick to the deadlines and dont fall for any of their stalling tactics, you will get ur money back.

you will find a copy of the 1st and 2nd letter (prelim and lba) as well as the part offer acceptance letter here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

just do all the steps on time regardless of what they say and that will be that.

best place to send it all to is:

Colin Langdale

Senior Service Quality Officer

Arlington Business Centre,

Milshaw Park Lane,

Leeds

Ls11 Opp

hope this helps :D

HSBC

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

Thanks thats a huge help!

When you said at the beginning "all u need to do is give them 14 days to reply with ur repayment" do you mean after I send the first letter?

I guess as long as you stick to the deadlines they should co-operate! lets hope so anyway.

The address you stated, is that the best place for any account?

Thanks again, the information is vital! :)

Jimbo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah the 1st letter gives them 14 days to repay you before going to the 2nd letter. you'll be fine, just follow the steps and dont deter...you'll get it all back :D

HSBC

the address i gave seems to be the dept that are dealing with the repayment claims so should be fine to use for any account (as long as its with hsbc of course lol)

HSBC

Well Kazzy I think i'm ready for action! I'm not too sure on how much this bank owes me but they do owe me!! :mad: gonna print off my first letter today, wish me luck! thanks for your help, will keep you updated :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your request for refund will look far more effective if you are specific abo0ut what you are claining back.

I assume you have trawled youre statements and reached a fugure?

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds first thing in the morning.

HSBC, they tried they failed, they coughed up in full

To all the others beware i am heading your way next.

just make it out to hsbc bank plc.

once u have your statements back, add it all up, fill in the spreadsheet, print it off and then send it in with your prelim letter.

you will have your dosh back by xmas! (if they send statements quickly)

good luck :)

HSBC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again Kazzy77, letter is sent but was wondering, when I get my statements and highlight all my charges ready to put into the spreadsheet, is there a template spreadsheet that everyone users and edits it to there specification?

Thanks

Jimbojones

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi jimbo, how did you do the letter before you got your statements? your spreadsheet should have gone with the letter. I suggest you read the user guide here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/38807-newcomer-heres-user-guide.html#post304769 and you'll find the spreadsheets here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html#post750

come back if you need any help

Hi Bong, sorry i'm still talking about the very first letter, just wondering when it gets to when I have to fill out a spreadsheet is there a template I can follow?

sorry for the confusion

cheers

Jimbojones

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, after recieving a letter from HSBC letting me know my statements will come through in a couple of stages, the first batch (looks like half) arrived yesterday. After sifting through them highlighting my charges, they owe me a total of £412 so far, so I'm just waiting for the other half before I fill in the spreadsheet and send it off.

Just wondering, above each charge in the statements it says "interest" and has a small amount, do I leave this until I fill in the spreadsheet and just add up the total charges and add the interest on top or shouls I add the interest on each charge? hope this makes sense :-|

Jimbo :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi jimbo, if you want to claim back the overdraft interest that was caused by the charges you need to use the advanced excel spreadsheet. You don't claim all the interest back, the spreadsheet works out how much when you key in the charges, interest and balance of account.

Ok, so I have recieved my 6 years worth of statements through the post and after going through every single page I have calculated that HSBC owe me a total of £649.50 in bank charges, I didnt expect it to be as much to be honest but i'm not complaining :)

So I have my "simple charges" spreadsheet ready to fill in, now I need to confirm that the following letter is the correct one to send with my spreadsheet (breakdown of charges)?? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/5078-10-data-protection-act.html

Or is it the Preliminary approach for repayment letter = http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Sorry still reading up on this and a bit of a newbie :(

Thanks in advance

Jimbo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the help bong! just filling in my spreadsheet now but am stuck wondering, on my statement it says "DR Total Charges 27.50" then right below it on the same date it says "CR Refund Of Charges 15.00"

Does this mean I just deduct the amount I was credited with (£15) from the charges made to my account (£27.50)?

If so how do I display this in the spreadsheet, just type in the new amount?

Thanks in advance :)

JJ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Hi Bong and others, hmmm well after just about filling in my spreadsheet back in Nov it all came to a halt before sending the Prelim letter due to moving house and things getting lost/misplaced in the move (bank statements!) I found them in the end and have eventually got round to recalculating my charges and am ready to fill in the spreadsheet and send to the bank again finally! after sifting through the statements I came across what says "Card Misuse" and have debited me £10 on three separate occasions, is this lawful?

Thanks in advance :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]