Incorrect Tesco delivery!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning

I'm really after a bit of confirmation, it's a quick and easy story. We bought a new mattress from Tesco Direct which was delivered yesterday. However, they delivered the wrong one, I don't know if Tesco supplied the wrong one, or the courier delivered the wrong one and to be honest I don't really care. The point is, they took our old one away, unpacked and placed the new one. After they'd gone, and looking closer at it, I realised it was the wrong one, the one we ordered was a memory foam topped one, this is a really firm orthopaedic one. The delivery note has a code which is one digit different to the number on the bits of paper attached to the mattress.

Anyway, I phoned Tesco Direct and they've arranged an exchange, but I wasn't overly confident that the young boy I spoke to actually got the fact that we would be using the mattress because the old one was taken away, so I called again this morning to confirm they realised the mattress was being used as the old one had been taken, and to make sure we wouldn't be penalised. I spoke to a young girl who said "as it's unwrapped, and used, it will depend what the warehouse thinks" I did in the end get her to agree (with the aid of a 'Supervisor') that there would be no comeback to us, but I really just want to confirm what I think is the case. Quite simply, surely if they delivered the wrong item it's for them to make right. We have no choice but to use the one they delivered, we can't sleep on slats!

Would appreciate a bit of advice.

Thanks