Halifax refuse PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Halifax are refusing this PPI claim on the basis that the customer said he shouldnt have taken it out as there was no reson for it and that he had paid a lot of money for it without no need. He has replied to Halifax and said that originally the PPI was never explained to him so he didnt know what he was taking out and therefore believes it to be missold. They are still not budging. Should he just give up?

I'm new to this site , but I would like help to . I had a credit card in 2005 with Halifax and I now have been told I had ppi on it . I didn't need it and didn't want it . I get full sick pay and been in the same job then 10 years so my job was very safe . I also have critical illness policy with my mortgage , I made a complaint trying yo get my money back but got told to bog of ! Shall I try to take it further ?? The Halifax have said I apply for it over the Internet so this means it was not miss sold ? I would never have taken this if it was shown as a option !! When I asked the bank to tell me how I asked for it they sent me a credit agreement with my signature under payment protection wanted ???? It was also signed the same date that I was surposed to have applyed on line ??? Does this sound right !! How could j have signed if it was on Line ?? Have I got a case to take it further ??? Pretty please help