• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Big Fight With NAT WEST ***WON***

Deller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been waiting forever - only had £74 back and paid out near on £900 in court fees!

You certainly are a little bit out of pocket hey Giz.

I hope my cheque isn't too far away Scarlet, I've got moths coming out my wallet!!:eek:

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looks like I've now got more problems, I set up my parachute account before I started my claim against Nat West and everything seemed to be in place with regards to my Standing Orders and Direct Debits, until today anyway. My Nat West Loan payment was due out yesterday but for some reason hasn't left either of my accounts even though my loan account shows it as being paid. I phoned Halifax who told me the DD was active but no request for payment had been made. I then phoned Nat West to be told that my loan payment could only be taken from A Nat West account. This is going to be rather difficult as I have transfered all my payments from this account to Halifax and my NW account has no funds in it.

Can they insist on this? and does this mean I'm going to be unable to close my Nat West account?? :-x

Itd oes seem odd have seen a copy of their T & Cs, with all due respect I would have though nAtwest would have just been happy to have their loan repaid on time regardless or where it orginates from.

You need to check your T & C dellar

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

That seems nuts. They want to dicate where you pay your loan account from? That seems to be imposing the will of the bank in a way that may contravene certain European laws on free trading, well that is my immediate reaction. Surly it is your perogative on how you settle you debts.?

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Well looks like I've now got more problems, I set up my parachute account before I started my claim against Nat West and everything seemed to be in place with regards to my Standing Orders and Direct Debits, until today anyway. My Nat West Loan payment was due out yesterday but for some reason hasn't left either of my accounts even though my loan account shows it as being paid. I phoned Halifax who told me the DD was active but no request for payment had been made. I then phoned Nat West to be told that my loan payment could only be taken from A Nat West account. This is going to be rather difficult as I have transfered all my payments from this account to Halifax and my NW account has no funds in it.

Can they insist on this? and does this mean I'm going to be unable to close my Nat West account?? :-x

Nat west do come out with them :)

I changed accounts in the summer to HSBC - and the ytold me the same after a very loud argument in the branch they agreed that it was not in T&C anywhere just their preferredf method of payment - I said my preferred method was to cut all ties with Nat West - queue got longer and longer I got louder and louder you get the picture? I cancelled DD on line wrote nad told them under no circumstances was it to be reactivated and my now famous loan gets paid by standing order from my new HSBC account.:D

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

There we go dellar as we though but couldnt confirm

Well done Gizz who would have thought that "famous" loan of your would have been useful!!!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Guest Battleaxe

I was told something similar by A & L. very politely told them to get stuffed and that i would be making a manual payment. they huffed and puffed and tried to say a condition of the loan was that it was paid by DD , told the same thing by MBNA.

So I told them to put in writing that will not accept a payment off me under circumstances other than what they are trying to dictate. never got a letter form either bank

I have made two manual payments, i/e rang up on due date and gave details on the parachute account and they accepted it, but only for each installment. I will not allow them to set up a DD on my new account.

They will try anything once and if you stand firm they have to accept. to refuse to accept a payment would be rather stupid.

Don't let them get away with it Deller. Are they wanting you to to default by refusing to accept payment when offered. Wouldn't look too good in Court for them.

Nat west do come out with them :)

I changed accounts in the summer to HSBC - and the ytold me the same after a very loud argument in the branch they agreed that it was not in T&C anywhere just their preferredf method of payment - I said my preferred method was to cut all ties with Nat West - queue got longer and longer I got louder and louder you get the picture? I cancelled DD on line wrote nad told them under no circumstances was it to be reactivated and my now famous loan gets paid by standing order from my new HSBC account.:D

Looks like I've got my own verbal hockey match coming up Sat morning then........Nat West staff be warned!!:lol:

which branch

Yate......why, do want to buy a ticket?

Umm!! perhaps I could make a few quid here!! :lol:

Yate......why, do want to buy a ticket?

Umm!! perhaps I could make a few quid here!! :lol:

No mine was Filton - just be funny if it was same branch - but nice of us to spread the doom!

I'll be in MAdrid anyway.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Guest Battleaxe

We could all come along and be your cheer squad. I do a very good hiss and boo

When they they say 'O h no you can't'. we could shout, 'oh yes you can'

it is panto season after all.

We could all come along and be your cheer squad. I do a very good hiss and boo

When they they say 'O h no you can't'. we could shout, 'oh yes you can'

it is panto season after all.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trouble is Nat West don't seem to have a sense of humour - or cobbetts for that matter!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trouble is Nat West don't seem to have a sense of humour - or cobbetts for that matter!

Don't suppose any of their staff will be going to the Xmas panto then!!

Don't suppose any of their staff will be going to the Xmas panto then!!

A freind of mine used to work for natwest and got a reduced rate mortgage - anyway she borrowed more to extend house and realised about a year later thatshe was overpaying - after a few bacardis on a friday night we drafted letter to chief executives office asking for refund and compensation - she got it £600 and compo of £200 and a promotion to manager for observation and initiative! Got amde redundant about 4 years later with a hughe payout as well. That was after we went to a posh xmas party and had more bacardi:D

A freind of mine used to work for NatWest and got a reduced rate mortgage - anyway she borrowed more to extend house and realised about a year later thatshe was overpaying - after a few bacardis on a friday night we drafted letter to chief executives office asking for refund and compensation - she got it £600 and compo of £200 and a promotion to manager for observation and initiative! Got amde redundant about 4 years later with a hughe payout as well. That was after we went to a posh xmas party and had more bacardi:D

Well sounds like you've got something out of Nat West, even if it was only a few bacardis.:rolleyes:

Yes and quite a few disapproving looks from the higher up bank staff. Iam not confessing on a public forum what I actually did - but she was frozen out of clicky conversations on the monday back at work:)

Any news on the 1st yet?

Any news on the 1st yet?

No not yet, I reckon my boss used to work for Cobbetts!

Deller,

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me EXACTLY the same bank...

I ended up (via internet paying from my A&L parachute account) to my Natwest loan account (just by entering sort code and account number on A&L) on approx the correct date (ehehehe)

Natwest argued I should be using there accounts, I did delete the direct debit, on line, from my Natwest account to the loan account but they re-instated it. I even had deletion conformation.... (which I would suggest you print out)...

The scenario went on for months and I did not touch my Natwest account as a result but I complained to everyone keeping records of names and departments, even RBS chairman....(he refunded one charge before MCOL).... I demanded every single time to see where I has signed any t&c saying I must pay from another Natwest account....

I swear I was lost in the system.... eventually a lady from Natwest was extremely helpful... and refunded every single charge and interest incurred as a result. She apologised for their mistakes too! I even told her I had started court proceediings... she was ok.... This was after I had entered my MCOL (so now I cannot lower my claim account..."hehe...oh dear" but of course I would be willing to settle for that little less)

She also agreed as my loan was near the end I could pay it from whatever account I wanted too.... (and i never did get to see any t&c I had signed)

Anyway... the info for you

DATE RESOLVED 20/10/06

BUSINESS ADVISOR: LINDA CARR

TELEPHONE NUMBER: 08457 11 44 77

SHE REFUNDED £84CHARGES AND £62.67INTEREST

Deller, she's a nice lady.... hope this helps and she helps even more

Cheers

Innocent :cool:

• Haha 1

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Thanks for the reassurance and helpful info, Innocent, your a star.

Itd oes seem odd have seen a copy of their T & Cs, with all due respect I would have though NatWest would have just been happy to have their loan repaid on time regardless or where it orginates from.

You need to check your T & C dellar

Had a read through the terms and conditions but don't really think they clarify anything, as the points relating to any bank account seem a bit vague in my opinion. The main points of the T and C's which have any possibility of backing up Nat West's statement are as follows:-

If required by the Bank the Customer will open and maintain a Current Account with the Bank. I don 't see Must there anywhere.

The Customer authorises the Bank to debit the Instalment Repayments and (if there is any breach of this agreement) the Charges on Default to the Customer's Current Account with the Bank (if any).

These seem to be the only two points in the T and C's that even mention a bank account, and in both cases state "if any". It doesn't say anywhere that the payment must come from a Current Account with Nat West.

Anyone got any thoughts on the above,.....Giz.......Ally.........anyone!! :confused:

No Agreed Dellar!

Have you kept your account open with them?

Im thinking this based on what you have written above.

It does say you have to open and maintain an account with them fair enough - but it doesnt say the loan repayment have to come out of this account!

This statement is not open for interpritation - it amounts to fact, and therefore as long as you keep your current account open with them, Make your repayments how you so wish - at best the only enforcable thing I can see they have a leg to stand on is the repayment must be made by direct debit - but agin I cant see how they can enforce this to come from a Natwest bank account!

I would take this to them and highlight the posible statement in the T & C that you think they going to call upon and also write out your conter arguements.

I know Giz is off sunning herself this weekend but Im about - though after the day Ive had Im orf to bed now. So If there is anything elseI will pick it up in the morning!

Allyxia

Thanks Ally, I'm going to go to my branch Sat morning to try and resolve this matter, I will do as you've suggested and highlight the main points in the T and C's and also make notes for my arguement, don't suppose it'll be as exciting as your day though!!

Well done again Ally, great result ;)

Thanks Ally, I'm going to go to my branch Sat morning to try and resolve this matter, I will do as you've suggested and highlight the main points in the T and C's and also make notes for my arguement, don't suppose it'll be as exciting as your day though!!

Well done again Ally, great result ;)

If they say that they don't do this or have nver done this feel free to quote my details - I am off to sunny/rainy madrid for weekend so if you want details let me know.