• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Big Fight With NAT WEST ***WON***

Deller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there badger1, like Michael says do your research and you'll be fine. If you've read my thread you'll notice I brought the stress on myself by rushing in to it, I'm suffering a bit now but with all the help I've been getting from the mods and other users I'm sure I'll get through it in the end!!!

• Confused 1

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Guest screwloose

You've had a busy few days deller, I see their defence is in and your now starting another waiting game.

Compared to other people's claims you seem to be nearing the end, though I suppose it depends on what obstacle (if any) they throw in your way next!!

HANG IN THERE!!

Got home today and found the Allocation Questionnaire had arrived. I've checked through the templates and other threads regarding completing this but could still do with someone checking it over for me, I don't want to be making any more mistakes at this stage.

Q1. Settlement ticked No

Q2. Location of hearing ticked No

Q3. Track ticked Yes

Q4. Witnesses put 0

Q5. Experts ticked No

Q6. Hearing ticked No

Q7. Other information I have stated "I believe the case will last no longer than 1 hour."

I think I've done it right up to here but still a couple of questions. Firstly, for question 7 (other information), should I attach a copy of my revised POC which I sent to Cobbetts, the poc the court have is the one I ballsed up (see earlier post), or should I leave this until asked to supply it.

My other query is regarding the fee, who should the cheque be made payable to, I noticed in some other threads that cheques were being returned for not being filled out correctly but can't find the posts now.

Is this fee claimable, if so do I need to adjust my claim total in any way?

Lastly, I have until 22nd Nov to return my AQ, is it advisable to do it straight away or leave it closer to the deadline. I've noticed people are taking different approaches on this and I'm not sure whats best.

Any help and advice on the above would be greatly appreciated!! :rolleyes:

Did it come from Bristol CC?

I would send copies of everything that they haven't got.

I made cheques out to Bristol County Court and it was accepted fine - and a few others.

And it is up to you but the sooner it goes it the quicker Cobbetts get their copy (you need to send them one) and realise you are serious - downside is you have to fork out anotehr £100.

Hopefully they will pay up soon.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

The fee is automatically added by the court - so you have no need to worry about that.

You may also wish to add this into "Other information":

"I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation."

• Haha 1

You could argue for Standard Disclosure:

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track.

This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is, (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers), that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. This would bring a rapid end, not only to this litigation, but would also likely bring an end to much of the litigation in progress against other high-street banks.

Yes to revised POC + schedule

Cheque to HM Courts Service

Fee will be added automatically to your claim

Up to you when you send it

Send copy of your AQ to Cobbetts

Evening gizmo :grin:

No, the AQ was sent from Northampton, along with the Notice Of Transfer Of Proceedings.

When you say Cobbetts need a copy of my AQ, do I send them a photo copy (I only have 1 form), or will Cobbetts automatically get a copy once I've submitted my form?

Evening gizmo :grin:

No, the AQ was sent from Northampton, along with the Notice Of Transfer Of Proceedings.

When you say Cobbetts need a copy of my AQ, do I send them a photo copy (I only have 1 form), or will Cobbetts automatically get a copy once I've submitted my form?

In which case be sure to state in the Location box that you want the hearing to be in your local court - better safe than sorry.

I would send Cobbetts a copy as it may make them throw in the towel - however, it is not a legal requirement that you do so. If you don't, Cobbetts would only get a copy from the court if they request one.

Thanks Alan and Michael, you both seemed to replying the same response (word for word) at the same time. You've both been so helpful in me persuing this claim, and so have many others, don't know where I'd be without this site, a definate donation will be on its way when Nat West pay up!!

When I send copy of AQ to Cobbetts should I send them another copy of schedule and revised POC telling them the court have received these documents also?

Also, how come I didn't receive CPR 18 - not that I want one, its just that everyone else seems to be getting this and I'm not sure why I hav'nt.

When I send copy of AQ to Cobbetts should I send them another copy of schedule and revised POC telling them the court have received these documents also?.

Yes send them a copy of everything you're sending to the court

Also, how come I didn't receive CPR 18 - not that I want one, its just that everyone else seems to be getting this and I'm not sure why I hav'nt.

Haven't you got enough to occupy youself with!!!

Originally Posted by deller1

Cos Cobbetts are now tryong to scare people into thinking that they will strike out claim at a CMC - I had exactly the same defence as you on my 2nd claim. 1st claim had the CPR request in it. Don't worry you know what to do, and how to counter their arguments. Soo nyou wil lhave your cheque.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi Della, won't be long now, my cheque was raised by them 2 days after I returned my AQ, although it took them another 5 days to send it !:grin:

M-Stanley, Marbles , Barclaycard,Cap 1, NW CC's x 3, NWest, MBNA , HSBC CC ALL WON

Outstanding

Halifax initial 11/10 acknowledged 19/10 LBA 25/10

LTSB initial 12/10 LBA 26/10

Barclays initial 3/10,response 9/10 LBA 17/10,MCOL 1/11, defence &AQ 10/12

Bof Ireland mort' S.A.R 16/10, initial 23/11, LBA 7/12,MCOL 23/12

NatWest home loans S.A.R sent 23/10,Initial 16/12, LBA 6/1

NatWest business a/c initial 9/11, LBA 25/11, MCOL 9/12, AQ 20/1,cheque recieved 17/2 but had to send it back !!

HSBC c/a AQ returned 17/2

HSBC bus' a/c MCOL 17/2

Hi Della, won't be long now, my cheque was raised by them 2 days after I returned my AQ, although it took them another 5 days to send it !:grin:

Lets hope they issue me a cheque as quickly. I'm going to try to get my AQ in today.

Hi Deller,

I'm getting my AQ in today also, will be interesting to see who gets their money first!!! My POC was different to yours, so fortunately less of a 'panic' with my case! I have recieved the CPR request with my copy of their defence, so the standard reply will be sent today with a copy of the AQ I'm taking back. Good Luck!

• Haha 1

Cap One here we go!:p

Dosn't look like I'm getting my car back this week so not going to be able to get the court to hand deliver my AQ, will have to post it recorded delivery, hopefully it wont get lost!!!

Dosn't look like I'm getting my car back this week so not going to be able to get the court to hand deliver my AQ, will have to post it recorded delivery, hopefully it wont get lost!!!

I posted all mine and they got there ok - although not recorded to court - I just checked after a week or so and chq had been cashed.

• Haha 1

Just got back the post office an my AQ is on its way, I'll be keeping a close eye on the Royal Mail website to check its been delivered and also to check the POD. I'll have to see when the cheque gets cashed also.

When are Cobbetts likely to get their AQ in, do they tend to leave it until the last minute or will they return theirs now they know mine is in?

Cobbetts are aware of my AQ being returned as I faxed them a copy yesterday and phoned to make sure they had received it.

Any ideas on the above??

I asume the deadline for Cobbetts to get their AQ in to the court will be the same date as mine, which means they have until 22nd November to submit theirs. Not too long to wait I suppose, that is if my dates are correct.

Lets hope they pay up before!!

I asume the deadline for Cobbetts to get their AQ in to the court will be the same date as mine, which means they have until 22nd November to submit theirs. Not too long to wait I suppose, that is if my dates are correct.

Lets hope they pay up before!!

Yep it is the same date.

Cheers for that Giz,:grin:

One thing I've just realised, when Cobbetts sent me their defence, in the cover letter they've requested acknowledgement of receipt, something I havn't done. Is this important? They do have a copy of my AQ so surely they know I've seen their defence.

Cheers for that Giz,:grin:

One thing I've just realised, when Cobbetts sent me their defence, in the cover letter they've requested acknowledgement of receipt, something I havn't done. Is this important? They do have a copy of my AQ so surely they know I've seen their defence.

Yeah I would have thought so - not important in my eyes just courtesy for the idiots. They try to make it seem like it is important but it is not and judging by the letter I had from the idiots today nor are they.