Ben vs HSBC Bank

benbob79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I'm here like the rest of you to claim back my charges. Last month I went £260 over my overdraft limit, which I have to say was rather usual in my student days with HSBC. Back then 2 things would happen: First cash points would stop paying you, Second HSBC would call you up and let you know. No Charges were ever issued on my student account. Recently they changed me to a standard account and the that £260 has now cost me £226 in total! I think three of the transactions I'm being charged £25 for are from cash points.

Anyway I've started the process after I sent a message through the automated system at HSBC and got what seems to be the standard response. I've sent them the data request and a tenner, so I'm just awaiting the stack of paper!!

they'll be returning plenty more than that before too long ;)

good luck. x

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

• 1 month later...

Sorry long time no post!

Have to admit kicking my heals at going through my statements, seems while I was a student they didn't levy charges on my account, but in the last 2 months have managed to kick me with £276 and £75 on another account.

On finding out about the last lot of charges (£125) I fired off an email via their system on internet banking. The response to this was a £75 "goodwill" gesture, which they promtly turned to ashes charging me a further £50 for slipping over my limit for a day:-x.

Just putting the first written request in now, going to stick to those deadlines like glue now and I'm gunning for court, I changed the wording the request letter a bit to sickened as I really am that pee'd off with them. I've grown to hate HSBC bank, the sooner they defend and lose ther better, for everyone in the country.

Oh and they managed to miss out 10 pages of my statements over the last 6 years too!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sent the LBA, but didn't A as I was fairly busy over Christmas, anyway got a settlement letter for the full amount initially claimed. Decided to take that and get my OD cleared out and move to another bank, before claiming for the charges they've levied since the initial claim.

So that's it! Ben 1 HSBC 0, just waiting for the £275 bank into my account then I'll donate some to the site.

Many thanks folks :cool:

Well done Benbob, thats great news that you got everything back.

I think I did a mistake with HSBC and did 4 different charges for 4 different accounts, all at the same address.

So far i've had one settlement, just £10 less that I claimed back of £200.

Just waiting for the other 3 now, which are around £1300, £300 and £500, but the letters are all on the go, there just dragging their heels a little.

Well done. :)