New to Orange BB but NEED to cancel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

We have a situation with Orange BB!

Since me and my GF moved into our flat over 2 years ago we have been with virgin, we started looking at bills etc and decided that we should look elsewhere for cheaper broadband. Since my GF is with Orange for her mobile phone, we decided to take the discounted rate for Orange BB. So on the 3rd October we signed up over the phone and got the confirmation email etc.

The problems started with Orange when they arranged for our phone line to be 'upgraded'. My GF stayed in all day waiting for the engineer to arrive on arranged date and they never appeared. We had to re-arrange this for another date, the guy came and we can now use this landline.

Orange have taken their time to deliver the router, and at time of writing - 18th Nov- the router is sitting in the local royal mail sorting office. They tried to deliver to our flat on the 15th, a total of 43 days after signing up.

Now for the real problem. Since my GF is about to finish uni she can no longer afford to stay in the flat any longer so is moving home to her parents until she can find a job. Once she has a job we will move back in with each other. This could be up to 6 months. I will be moving in with one of my mates. Both her parents and my mate are tied into their own broadband packages.

We have made a handful of calls on the land line, have yet to receive the router, and NEED to cancel the account. When we called Orange they said we'd have to pay £100 cancellation fee. I see this as disgraceful, we haven't even had the chance to use their service yet they want £100 to cancel.

Can anyone help?! :mad2: