Minii credit / Opos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly i would just like to say, i have read these forums and they have been such a big help to me. Its great to see that im not alone in the situation that i have with these crooks!

I have received numerous times the email that everyone gets from Opos regarding the loan i took out with Minicredit. For a £100 loan that i took out with them, my balance now apparently stands at £749.00.

I have emailed them to ask for a breakdown in the total that they say i owe and i have not received a reply.

These guys have now started calling my house up to 10 times a day and its really getting me down, and the rest of the people that live here. I spoke to them yesterday to try and sort this mess out as they wouldn't answer my emails, Basically the guy on the phone said that i needed to make a payment today of £45 and he would then after the payment had cleared "get back to me to see if Minicredit would accept monthly repayments of £250"

I refuse to pay them any money in the hope they will accept a repayment plan, not only because if they say no then that is my money gone, but also because i dont believe i should be repaying any where near the amount they say that i owe.

Does anyone have any advice of what steps i can take next, and also how i can get these people to stop calling me?

Thanks

Firstly send them an email and state that you will only deal with them via letter or email. They are not allowed to ring you more than 3 times a day or it is classed as harassment. Only deal with them via email. Offer them the £100, plus one month interest (£30) and the first default fee, that's what I have done, stick to your guns and they will give in. They were trying me for £1045 on a £100 debt, I have today received an email offering to settle my account on my offer of £155 less payment made to date. When I made my first offer they came back with an reduced settlement of £523, but I ignored them and repeated my original offer. Good luck it is an effort but its worth it!

• 2 weeks later...

These guys are playing so hard to get. Ive sent them emails every day for over a week and still no reply, yet they still try and contact me by phone.

Ive also received a text from "Optima solicitors" (very professional, no?) regarding this debt, as it has apparently been passed on to them.. conveniently with the same ref number.. they really dont think these things through.

Ive just sent another email requesting they send me a full break down, and also that they stop harassing me by phone. I've also CC'd myself in to all emails as a back up.

With this abuse of process i am inclined to tell them where to stick it. I do not believe there is any set definition of harassment and it can be argued that if you don't answer the phone they can call again. Harrison v link set out some rules ( i think). Why not write to them and email them saying no phone calls writing only. [email protected]. And kristle.martinson @minicredit.co.uk