Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

51 Excellent

About westfield

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Are you on a starter tenancy with the HA or are you secured. In any case prior to repossesion they would need a court order and i feel a judge would be reasonable. However as the others have said,talk to the H A.
  2. Although many pdls have improved their service that is hardly exciting news as anything would have been an improvement. I would certainly not talk on the phone. Email or letter only,not only is it your right it also in my opinion sends out a message saying you will not be pushed around but want to keep a dialogue open.
  3. Please do not go down the roll over route. Have they taken any money out of your bank recently? If not make sure your money is secure and ignore them.
  4. Hi If i have read this correctly you have not yet defaulted on your debts or at least not defaulted on your two cards. They are all taken out in the last 6 years. If you go BR now it will cost you just over 700 and in all likelihood you will be discharged in a year and in 6 you will have a clean credit file. If you opt for a dmp you could be paying these debts off forever. Of course 6 years after the default that will come off your credit file BUT a dmp is not legally binding and someone could apply for a ccj or issue a SD at any time. Just my view,tell me if i have the facts wrong.
  5. Well i have been through it,but to be honest constructive advice before i went would have been far more effective.
  6. Hi Stewey. I do agree that excess stress in a scourge of the modern western world. Of course normal levels of stress are useful to us. All i was trying to say was that although i believe the system is broken people making unfounded accusations can at worse become a self fulfilling proffesey. People are stressed and get a letter about an atom assessment,they read up and get more stressed and then what? See what i mean.
  7. Penny ignore what cfo say. In my opiniom you only owe what you owe now plus maybe a default fee
  8. If it was me i would write " Pleaded cancel any continuous payment authority you may hold with immediate effect. I also remove any rights you may have to debit my account. " If possible copy in the regulations i think they are in a sticky on the pdl thread. I am no expert here just saying what i would do.
  9. Just to try and put your mind at rest i know of someone who got a suspended sentence for 50k of benefit fraud and someone else who got a suspended sentence for 25k of fraud against a company.
  10. What she should do as well is send an email to each and copy herself in removing any cpa. She should also tell corkscrew bank that actually they are legally obliged to rescind any cpa. Somewhere on here are the regulations. Print them off and drop them into the bank today.
  11. Another assumption. So they send it to opos and issue a DN. They can only register that if you do not pay it by the time stated. After that s89 ( i think) comes into play. Was reading something on another website earlier.
  12. I agree about the bill. When i first moved into my flat my usage seemed very high so i queried it. They changed the meter and amazingly my bills dropped. 4k is a huge amount of arrears. Maybe it was built up of years of estimated readings. Some history would help.
  13. All very mse lol. If the poster has lots of debts there are options such as BR or a DRO. Then there is http://www.turn2us.org who may be able to help.
  14. I would say that it should really be another bank. If the old account goes overgrown the bank can use what i think is called set off to repay the debt out of her new account. I am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong.
  • Create New...