style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok. I am about to send the prelium letter for £1,045.00 :shock: do i include the £5 admin charge?

I have not included the 8 per cent interest do to the current statge nor the standard interest as i could not work out the spreadsheet :oops: i just thought, i'd rather get it right, so i just claimed for charges.

Am i guessing the charge for the interest taken back by halifax for the bank charges wont be that much anyway and therefore have done the right thing?

Lisa x

Request for all charges sent dating back 6 years 18/9/06

Hi lisa,

Had trouble with the interest myself, found a simple interest calculator at this address

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/chargeinterest.php

It seemed to work for me and was easy to use, i'm on mac and couldn't use the spreadsheet at all

cheers beano

don't knock it 'till you've tried it! :)

Thanks,

the 'to date' is that todays date or the date they charge me interest?

and do i do that for each bank charge? or is this the calculation i use before the MCOL?

sorry i just worry :)

Lisa,

you only add on the interest charge when you file MCOL or N1, Not before. If you use the spreadsheet which has blue and yellow columns on either side you type in the date of the MCOL file then each charge and the date it was incurred and it adds it all up for you.

Hope this helps

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks Guys,

It does help.

What about the overdraft interest you charge before court action, i tried to use the spreadsheet but could not work it out :confused:

Also when working out the daily rate once you submit the MCOL when do you start the charge for the daily rate and stop it? :oops:

the 'to date' is that todays date or the date they charge me interest? Yes

and do i do that for each bank charge? Yes, it will make a list, but you can't save it. Copy and paste it.

or is this the calculation i use before the MCOL? It calculates the interest that you can claim once you have filed at court

It really is preferable to use the Simple s/s if you can since:

1. The online calc is calculating at 7.3% instead of 8%

2. Once filled in and saved, it will update the 8% to todays date every time its opened.

3. You can use the s/s (without the last 2 columns) as your schedule of charges to send with the prelim and LBA letters

Thanks, I think i got it.

Ok i have picked the s/s which includes contractual interest and not statutory, and is asking me to changed the 8 per cent to my banks unauhtorised or authorised overdraft rate? whats this?

hi lisa,

just found this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide-successes/7056-juicy-nationwide-i.html

you may find it helpful, the bits about interest are on page 2 but the whole thing is worth a read, although its against nationwide not halifax still some useful info from tinkerbell on thread.

cheers beano

don't knock it 'till you've tried it! :)