• Tweets

• Well the difference is that in all our other cases It was Kev who was trying to entrap the motorist so sticking two fingers up to him and daring him to try court was from a position of strength. In your case, sorry, you made a mistake so you're not in the position of strength.  I've looked on Google Maps and the signs are few & far between as per Kev's MO, but there is an entrance sign saying "Pay & Display" (and you've admitted in writing that you knew you had to pay) and the signs by the payment machines do say "Sea View Car Park" (and you've admitted in writing you paid the wrong car park ... and maybe outed yourself as the driver). Something I missed in my previous post is that the LoC is only for one ticket, not two. Sorry, but it's impossible to definitively advise what to so. Personally I'd probably gamble on Kev being a serial bottler of court and reply with a snotty letter ridiculing the signage (given you mentioned the signage in your appeal) - but it is a gamble.  
    • No! What has happened is that your pix were up-to-date: 5 hours' maximum stay and £100 PCN. The lazy solicitors have sent ancient pictures: 4 hours' maximum stay and £60 PCN. Don't let on!  Let them be hoisted by their own lazy petard in the court hearing (if they don't bottle before).
    • Thanks for all the suggestions so far I will amend original WS and send again for review.  While looking at my post at very beginning when I submitted photos of signs around the car park I noticed that it says 5 hours maximum stay while the signage sent by solicitor shows 4 hours maximum stay but mine is related to electric bay abuse not sure if this can be of any use in WS.
    • Not sure what to make of that or what it means for me, I was just about to head to my kip and it's a bit too late for legalise. When is the "expenditure occured"?  When they start spending money to write to me?  Or is this a bad thing (as "harsh" would imply)? When all is said and done, I do not have two beans to rub together, we rent our home and EVERYTHING of value has been purchased by and is in my wife's name and we are not financially linked in any way.  So at least if I can't escape my fate I can at least know that they will get sweet FA from me anyway   edit:  ah.. Sophia Harrison: Time bar decision tough on claimants WWW.SCOTTISHLEGAL.COM Time bar is a very complex area of law in Scotland relating to the period in which a claim for breach of duty can be pursued. The Scottish government...   This explains it like I am 5.  So, a good thing then because creditors clearly know they have suffered a loss the minute I stop paying them, this is why it is "harsh" (for them, not me)? Am I understanding this correctly?  
    • urm......exactly what you filed .....read it carefully... it puts them to strict proof to prove the debt is enforceable, so thus 'holds' their claim till they coughup or not and discontinue. you need to get readingthose threads i posted so you understand. then you'll know whats maybe next how to react or not and whats after that. 5-10 threads a day INHO. dont ever do anything without checking here 1st.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Council going for liability order for payments they are already getting?

Hacked_Off
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

from what i know there are to seperate accounts, one for the arrears (which as far as i am aware are for my previous address) and the other account is for my current ct.

At my previous address there was a period of around 6 weeks were i had a temp job but i was only working 15 hours a week so the full ct benefit should of been applied. but there was the odd week were i did overtime so would of been liable. Oh and at the time i had a lot of trouble with the joke centre about the 1 month ct and hb benefit run on. This was stopped because of job centre incompetance. 27 jc phone calls later it was fixed, supposedly.

From what i have been told if i do not pay the amounts seperatly and exact amounts there system does not now wer eto place the payments and they automatically come off arrears. It is just not possible for me to pay in this way as i am paid twice a week (two jobs). This has been explained several times.

They were granted a liability order on my previous address. They said the amount that i recieved a demand for was not payed. I think the reason for this was because it was for £60 and pennys but because i didnt pay it exact the same problem has occured were the system doesnt know were to place the money. A liability order for pennys does seem unreasonable to me!

I have asked on several occasions for all information regarding the previos address and my current. This was also requested by TWO councillors. To date all i have recived is a one page inelligable breakdown.

rossendales turned up when i was out "with a view to seize goods" this again was for my previous address. They also left a walking possesion order for me to sign. They say i was informed of ths but i was not. Makes no sense to me that they would send part of the arrears to rottendales but still persue the rest seperatly. There was no court order or warrent supplied nor did i recieve any other information from rottendales nor was i given a chance to pay them before the alledged visits. The paperwork they left say they came round twice and have charged me for two visits. No paper work was posted to me for the alledged first visit. the council refused to take this back and combine with the rest of the arrears until my councillor got on to them. i have an e mail confirming they took it back and have combined my current and arrears to one account.

BUT when i rang up the girl on the phone said i should pay £76 a month for my current and £20 off the arrears. So the acounts hav not been combined. I asked for it in writing what i should be paying and when but i am yet to recieve this.

when i rang up she said she would have to go through the payments and transfer them to each account ie were it should be. Once she did that she said i still owed £21.57 off my current for the may payments. This was payed exactly the next day. Then two weeks later i recieve a letter telling me i still owe £31.57 off my current (on sat).

She said there systwem cannot cope with how i am paying twice a week and if i wantd to continue paying this way i would have to keep ringing once a month to have the payments transfered to were they should be. Which in turn would cost me an extra £5 on my phone to do! Talk about overcomplicating things.

Edited by Hacked_Off

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were granted a liability order on my previous address. They said the amount that i received a demand for was not payed. I think the reason for this was because it was for £60 and pennys

now that i don't understand as they would add that (or more) to the liability order for there administration and court cost so exactly how much was the outstanding council tax

oh and i do remeber when i moved into my previous address there was a load of trouble over a hb overpayment for the address previous to that. They had over payed my previous landlord hb because in there own words "there was delay looking into my new claim". They tried to persue this amunt from me even tho not a penny of it went through me, it went straight to my landlord. In the end they admited fault and wrote it off. It would seem when they see my name they think werhey lets make lots of mistakes.

There was also another amount they tried to persue off me. This was from when i was 16 and moved in with my ex. They sent me a ct bill years later in both our names and told me as they couldnt find him i was liable for it all. I went to the CAB and they told me as i was 16 i wa snot liable for any of it and they should of known that! I had to go them with a birth cert to prove how old i was, despite them having all of my details anyway. The funny thing is when i wa sin there office handing in my birth certificate my ex was being seen to!! So there excuse of not being able to find him was a duff. Is aid to the girl i saw you know you say you cant find my ex? well there he is, over there!!!!! oh it was a sweet moment. lol

They were granted a liability order on my previous address. They said the amount that i received a demand for was not payed. I think the reason for this was because it was for £60 and pennys

now that i don't understand as they would add that (or more) to the liability order for there administration and court cost so exactly how much was the outstanding council tax

A demand was recived for payment of £60 and odds. I cant remeber the exact figure. i paid £60 a fw days later. So as it again wa snot paid exactly what they were demanding that amount went to my arrears account and there system shwed the demand had not been paid so they obtained a liability order and all the costs that go with it.

make sense?

Well ive blanked the info off that one 4 times and its still showing so i give up.

The originl 60 demand i got was for 63.83 and if not paid the 125 would be need to be paid.

This was the £60 i was refering to. So for the sake of me paying £3.83 short this i what they got a liability order for.

Edited by Hacked_Off
for god sake photobucket¬!¬!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to takethose docs down and sanitize them Hacked off..your home address and all your personal details need to be removed before posting them..

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

you need to takethose docs down and sanitize them Hacked off..your home address and all your personal details need to be removed before posting them..

i have about 17 times!!! there blanked out on pb but not on here?!?!!?

Hacked off when you have been sending letters are they just through first class post ? if so this is why they are not replying they will say they have not received them my advice would be to send all letters via recorded delivery this way you no they are getting them. I no it costs a little more and i to had same with rottendales you here nothing for weeks upon weeks then out of the blue they are in your face if they are to turn up at the door start recording be straight to the point and blunt and they back off and there attitude also changes. I would also advise the formal complaints to council about the company and a separate one about the treatment from the council.

Dear Ms

Thank you for your email to Luciana Berger MP. Luciana has asked me to reply.

I understand that you were in contact with Cllr Tim Beaumont regarding this case, and he has kept Luciana fully informed throughout.

Luciana intends to contact Liverpool Direct regarding this matter, and will contact you as soon as we recieve a response.

Best wishes

Matt