any point paying your defaults on the creditfiles?

buddie84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there

just wondering if there any point paying defaults on creditfile various debts of various years 1-5 - if i do pay will it improve my credit worthiness or will not matter or not pay get hounded for 6 years by leeches

if default has been issued that damage done paid or not looks bad on me ?

Hi Buddie

Appreciate what you're saying but remember this site is not about debt avoidance - it's about empowrering, advising and supporting those to act within their rights and not be bullied,harrassed or lied to by debt collection agencies.

A closed account which may have been defaulted but has now been settled is certainly better then an open, defaulted acount.

What's the score with the various debts... credit cards/loans/overdrafts/mobile phones etc. Have you gone down the routes suggested on here with SAR/CCA requests?

BSBS.

• Confused 1

hi bigshoes ... bigsocks

i agree i not avoiding paying debts - i payin the ones i know are legally owned with the paperwork sent to me like lowell/02 but i know few people that dont do anythin but avoid them they dont care abt creditcards/mortages while i want them things in 7-8 years when i better financed

so you saying satifised default on my file looks better then unpaid default all my creditor contact me by letter but capquest who got my number from experian apparently like to phone me

i recieved a a debt assigned(sold) from 02 but in the same envelope had lowell letter saying o2 sold the debt to them and they wish to collect amount ? why was o2 and lowell in the same envelope? also when capquest foned the first time they quite rude so i asked how they got my number (as it only 3 months old ) she said it was experian then i said well they broke data protection act also advised them only contact by letter she said but we have sent them out but u avoid them lol

2nd call i refused the security questions he was bit annoyed lol

O2 and Lowell were in the same envelope as DCAs have letterheads for their clients to save time.

I would suggest a written enquiry to CapQuest as to how they got your number - having written proof that Experian gave it out would give much more weight to a complaint to Experian regarding the DPA.

yeh i thought they might be bluffin as they were in same enlevope but i checked noddle ( callcredit file) and default from o2 has been changed to lowell so must be legit

i tend to only pay debts that on my creditfile ie lowell etc but like of scotcall etc they asking or a debt which isnt on any of my 3 creditfiles i tend to avoid them

yeh no additional charges have been applied just orginal amount from o2 ( got old o2 statement just before the default) i use creditfile for who owns the debt not the company on behalf of as few debts i have has had 4-5 debt collectors chasing them. i knw bcw like to add charges so does capquest.