CRS- email and phone harrassment

jimmyk83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A little while back I started receiving emails and phone calls from a DCA called Credit Resource Solutions, asking for money. It relates to a company that I have previously had a debt with, but I'm almost certain I cleared the debt in full, and have had no dealing with said company for at least a couple of years. The sum is only £10, but it's the principle rather the money that is concerning me here.

I asked for a statement of account from the original creditor, showing all payments, but nothing has been forthcoming. I also requested that any contact from them should be by post. Next, I emailed CRS warning them that I would consider any further contact from them as unlawful harrassment. This has done nothing to stop them, and I am still receiving regular emails from them, as well as numerous phone calls, most of which are silent.

What is my best course of action here? I have read that harrassment from debt collectors is a criminal offence under the Administration of Justice Act 1970. So who should I be reporting them to? The police? Trading standards? As I've said, it's not the money that worries me, but I just want to get back at these scumbags and stop them contacting me. If I find out that I do indeed owe the original creditor, I will happily pay, but I refuse to give anything to CRS after dealing with me so appallingly.

Any advice much appreciated.

I can't get my head round £10,

Personally I would tie the up in knots asking for proof of the debt, and a formal complaint of harassment so it costs them more and more to attempt to collect!!

There is really nothing they can do about it anyway, another way is just to tell them to do their worst because you arenot paying an unproved debt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have already asked them for proof of the debt several times, but they seem to just be ignoring me. Perhaps I've been going wrong by just replying to their emails, maybe I should write to them to ask for it?

I'm keen to report them for harassment, I just don't know what the correct channels to go through are. They have p*ssed me off enough now for me to go out of my way to get back at them, even if it's a hassle for me.

Thanks for your replies btw

Send them a CCA request cost is £1 they have 12+2 days to reply use the template from the CAG library.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: