dla and housing benefit

cupcake69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have finally heard back from dla tribunal and hubby has been awarded low rate care.:-D This is to be be backdated to Oct 10. The question I have is with the lrc are we intitled to full housing benefit or if that is for the hrc only? I have looked and looked and cannot find the information anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

What you are looking for is called your Applicable Amount. This is a figure you are expected to live on, and varies according to your circumstances such as whether you are single, a couple, what rates of DLA you receive, age, if you are a carer, etc. These additions are called premiums.

From the limited information you have given your applicable amount would appear to comprises an amount for being a couple & the disability premium.

For a couple, where one has an entitlement to the premium, the disability premium is £43.25. It does not apply to HB & CTB if you have (or can be treated as having) a limited capability for work with respect to a claim for ESA. The person who qualifies also needs to be under pension credit age.

They add up your applicable amount and then compare this to your income (DLA is ignored as income). If your income is less than the applicable amount then you will get full HB & CTB, if it is more then there is a percentage taper system for the EXCESS income that is then deducted from HB & CTB.

Thanks for the reply. I think I understand what you are saying, we already get the disability premium with hubbys IB benefit. What I was not sure of, was that I know that (if I have read correctly) that dla care component automatically gets you full housing benefit, but was not sure what rate you had to be receiving.