Final Pay after leaving previous employer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening

My last working date was Tuesday 18th September but when I checked with HR how many holidays (A/L year starts Feb 25th). I had used compared to my entitlement i was told my entitlement was 14.5 days to the end of Sept and I had taken 16.5 days. To compensate this I work Wed and Thursday to avoid being deducted.

I have recently started a new job. my final pay was paid on Thursday 27th. and the two days £128.75 in total has been deducted. I was also deducted 6 days as i left before the month depsite me being under the impression I would be paid for the whole month of Sept.

Please can someone confirm I am right in chasing this money especially the 2x deducted days, no matter what way I work it out i still get to the fact that I worked Wed and Thursday to avoid me being deducted. Surely I could have left Tuesday and been no worse off?

Any help gratefully received.:!:

Can you explain why you thought you would be paid for the whole month when you only worked to the 20th?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Can you explain why you thought you would be paid for the whole month when you only worked to the 20th?

Hi Emmzi, I wrongly assumed that as my holiday was based on me working the whole month that i was getting paid until 30th September.

@ assisted blonde - I knew I had taken more holiday so this is why I checked, I had taken two more days than I should have, so my as my last working date was tuesday 18th, I worked the wed and Thursday to compensate / not get deducted.

those two days have still been deducted.

Am I correct to chase these two days?

There are 6 days you did not work this month, 21,24,25,26,27,28. They have not paid you these six days. So that is correct.

You have been paid from the 1st to the 20th - that is correct. Less the 2 days leave. That is correct.

To argue to be paid the 2 days you would have had to have been deducted 8 days, not six.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi emmzi, this is what i dont understand, as i worked the wed and thursday I shouldnt be deducted them surely..... I cant get my head around the fact of me working the two days back and still getting deducted

You would have *not* been paid for 8 days, and deducted 2 days. = 10 days unpaid.

Instead you were *not* paid for 6 days, and deducted 2 days. = 8 days unpaid.

The difference is the 2 days you worked. So you have not been done!

I am afraid I don't know how to explain it any more clearly!

If you had taken more holiday than you were entitled to then my understanding is that the company deduct the amount from your final salary.

Not allowed to unless your contract permits. Recovery of overpaid holiday can only be by arrangement with the employee in the absence of a specific term.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!