Marisota account insurance

BarbJohnson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im a single mum of 4 and i've fallen into debt with several creditors, of which Marisota is one of them. I have a DMP in place, but have agreed to pay 5.00 pm until im in a better position to clear the debt.

I received a letter from Marisota saying that my account insurance has been cancelled. I didn't even know i had insurance! I also thought the point of having insurance on the account was to cover situations such as mine - struggling to clear the balance?

Does anyone know anything about this?

I'll appreciate any input.

Ps: I haven't contacted Marisota about this as yet, because i'd like some feedback. I've Googled, but no information comes up

I take it this is a catalogue debt?

It may be wise to send the original creditor a SAR to see exactly what PPI has been paid along with any unfair charges they may have added with a view to reclaiming them + Statutory interest. This could reduce the alleged debt considerably.

Hi Cerberusalert, Thanks for your reply. Yes it is a catalogue debit. I'm new to this so please excuse my ignorance. I don't know what a SAR is or know how to find out about PPI etc. Do i ask Marisota? I'm sure they wouldn't want me knowing i could be entitled to claiming back Statutory interest, which would decrease the debt? I don't get why these companies wouldn't divulge such information.

I was under the impression that having insurance on an account was there to protect the account, should one end up in a situation and that the account would be cleared from the insurance?.

I don't know what a SAR is or know how to find out about PPI etc.

If you click on http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?118145-Full-SAR-for-ppi(2-Viewing)-nbsp it will take you to the template you need.

Have a read through the stickies regarding PPI http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?111-Payment-Protection-Insurance-(PPI)

Do i ask Marisota? I'm sure they wouldn't want me knowing i could be entitled to claiming back Statutory interest, which would decrease the debt? I don't get why these companies wouldn't divulge such information.
Yes send it to them. They won't voluntarily give their customers that information because it will cost them too much money. ;)

I was under the impression that having insurance on an account was there to protect the account,
That's why the majority of PPIs are deemed as missold, because they are in the main unfair or have been sold to people that should never have entered into the plan, i.e unemployed, self employed. There are cases where the customer didn't actually agree to PPI yet have been charged for it.