Vinci Car Park - Roxburgh - Graham White

Hayley vc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I was correct with the first line.

Possibly wrong with the second - apologies.

Hayley. Sadly you or you Father have fallen for the ongoing multi million pound Private Parking Contractor Sсam.

To explain -

If there was a legally binding Contract (which is questionable) and accepting you are in breach of it, all they can 'win' in Court is their actual loss (ie. the unpaid parking fees). Only Courts, Police and Local Authorities can impose penalties and what these con-artists are seeking areclearly penalties. Courts don't like 'civilians' assuming their powers and will not endorse a penalty imposed by private individuals/companies.

Alternatively, if there was no contract, under Trespass Law all they can seek is (again) their actual loss caused by you leaving your car there which is lost revenue that others might have paid but were prevented by your car occupying space.

Getting more technical - only the land owner can take action in most circumstances.

But the parking firms don't play fair and rely on peoples ignorance and fear.

Sadly you and your Father fell for it making unprincipled rich people richer.

Love your Father, don't distress him further by pointing out he did the wrong thing.

As a Father myself I would say to you, please learn from this and don't leave things to fester without first finding out - and don't be intimidated by people who make threats. Learn your Rights and stand up to bullies. It's your money - your choice.

Good luck.

TP

why is it that now im getting lots of replys

saying i shhould have done this or should have done that

..i was asking for help in the first place because i dont understand these things.

..and if you sad enough to think i work for those companies

you send me your contact telephone number by private message

and i will call you and tell you more about myself and the awful nightmare this has created for me and my family

Thank you for you apology tony you sound like a nice man...i have to put this all behind me and concentrate on getting my degree..I have learnt a lot from this...law and rights and politics and stuff is not really my thing and have promised my dad that somehow i will get part time work to pay him back

i dont know where my original post is. this thread was created by the forum person after i replied to an original thread about these companies...there was no advise thats why i got so upset

Hayley

You joined on 22nd September

Your first post was post #1 in this thread - made at 20:54

You then posted the same thing in different threads at 20:57 and again at 21:01.

At 21:07 that evening you posted again which is now post #2 in this thread.

The above posts which were dotted here and there were all pulled into this one thread as per my post above.

You asked for no other advice than what is published in this thread and ALL of your posts are now in this thread.

ALL of your subsequent posts have been in this thread.

can you please post up the judgement please

so WE CAN help others...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You asked for no other advice than what is published in this thread and ALL of your posts are now in this thread.

ALL of your subsequent posts have been in this thread.

But I do strongly think the thread was moved to the wrong place.

She would have been better served if this matter had remained in the Motoring section, where I first found it.

I, and probably many others, only use this Site's Forums that have particular interest or knowledge for us - ignoring all others. I have never looked at 'Debt - Legal Issues' before, despite running up 600+ posts in 4 years

As Jamberson said, this sort of matter is very, very frequent in the Mororing Forums.

But we are where we are. .

The girl has learned and will respect her Fathers love all the more, the more she learns

so WE CAN help others...

dx

I will do this for you because i dont want anyone else to go through the nightmare that i have had..

.please give me till tomorrow to get it to you or send me your email address in private message box and i will email you these awful people have to be stopped..

..is it too late to try and change things?

my dad borrowed some money and then paid graham white over the phone using his card.

.can we hold up the payment somehow and do this differently?

so WE CAN help others...

dx

There is no Judgment. The Court appearance is in 4 (or 3) days time.

They caved in through ignorance or lack of sufficient knowledge or advice.Notwithstanding it would have happened anyway.

And I am sorry to say (and will probabably be moderated for this) ims21's post is pure Site Team arse covering.

Yes, the link was there but not the detail for others to get involved with - that was earlier transferred away.

(I'm holding out my hand for the smack!)

I will do this for you because i dont want anyone else to go through the nightmare that i have had...please give me till tomorrow to get it to you or send me your email address in private message box and i will email you these awful people have to be stopped....is it too late to try and change things? my dad borrowed some money and then paid graham white over the phone using his card..can we hold up the payment somehow and do this differently?

This opens a whole new ball game - if it gets in the correct forum!

It is possible to effect a 'Chargeback' for Credit Card transactions.

But that would still leave the Court hearing to deal with and if already withdrawn, possibly raise further complications about cancellation of Court procedures by 'deception' (see why I contain myself to Motoring?).

I am sure this is nothing new to Graham White who cave in or fail to attend at almost every Court appearance.

I will do this for you because i dont want anyone else to go through the nightmare that i have had..

.please give me till tomorrow to get it to you or send me your email address in private message box and i will email you these awful people have to be stopped..

..is it too late to try and change things?

my dad borrowed some money and then paid graham white over the phone using his card.

.can we hold up the payment somehow and do this differently?

you can stop the payment

use http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

as for post stuff hayley

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

or

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

tony...

legal was the correct move

a link is good enough

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And I am sorry to say (and will probabably be moderated for this) ims21's post is pure Site Team arse covering.

Yes, the link was there but not the detail for others to get involved with - that was earlier transferred away.

(I'm holding out my hand for the smack!)

Nope...no smack and no covering either. I'm not like that.

I have just phoned my dad and explained what im trying to do he gave me a rather stern lecture and told me not to bother...my dad is not an easy person to talk to on thesee things (we are involved in the arts my dad is a musician but has very bad arthritus so cannot work.. and as i said this legal stuff dont come easy to us) much as i would love to stop this i would need his help to cancel things...which i dont think he would be prepared to do unless it was very clearly shown how to do at such a late stage

Court papers issued, It stays in legal Tony :)

Having just picked up on this thread from the Private Land Parking Enforcement board I would respectfully suggest that the above post might have created something of a problem in the sense that a simple unqualified reference to this thread didn't attract my attention - and it would seem that applies to others.

One can understand the logic: MCOL claim issued that properly qualifies for the thread to stay in "legal" but in so doing, in some respects, the expertise on the private parking board was excluded. That being said at 4 days out the OP was up against it although I believe there was still time for them to make an application for an adjournment and then to prepare and submit a full defence. Our experience is that Graham White's have folded in the past in the face of coherent defences and it is something of a first because, courtesy of the FOI, we know that Vinci Park have never issued proceedings before.

The fact that it was the OP's father who made the payment on behalf of the OP may assist in the charge back process.

Having just picked up on this thread from the Private Land Parking Enforcement board I would respectfully suggest that the above post might have created something of a problem in the sense that a simple unqualified reference to this thread didn't attract my attention - and it would seem that applies to others.

One can understand the logic: MCOL claim issued that properly qualifies for the thread to stay in "legal" but in so doing, in some respects, the expertise on the private parking board was excluded. That being said at 4 days out the OP was up against it although I believe there was still time for them to make an application for an adjournment and then to prepare and submit a full defence. Our experience is that Graham White's have folded in the past in the face of coherent defences and it is something of a first because, courtesy of the FOI, we know that Vinci Park have never issued proceedings before.

The fact that it was the OP's father who made the payment on behalf of the OP may assist in the charge back process.

Excellent point and well made snowy (and Tony in an earlier post)

Thankfully (for me) there was little chance of success as the OP had left it to late. I live and learn and will make sure that anything like this is left in Motoring.

Jogs