Car Insurance Canceled

Ricwin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I received a letter yesterday stating that my car insurance has been canceled according to a recorded delivery letter dated 31st August.

I have not received or signed for any recorded letter in the last few weeks, and Brentacre have not checked with the Royal Mail that I have received the letter.

According to Brentacre, because the letter was not returned to them, I have signed for and received it.

The Royal Mail state that any recorded item which ha not been delivered will be returned to the sender after 18 days. A considerably longer period than the 7 days I was apparently given to rectify an issue I was unaware of.

Has my insurance company acted too hastily? Ruthlessly even?

Do they have any obligation to ensure a recorded letter has been signed for and delivered?

The reason for cancellation is due to a direct debit error. I changed bank account and gave them my new direct debit details. They have not actually attempted to charge my new bank account. This is surely an error on their part?

In the mean time, they are demanding the missing payment. And are attempting to make me sign up for a new 10 month policy, and pay another substantial deposit. My 'current' 12 month policy is due to end in February.

Is there anything I can do now? What choices do I have?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Ric

They don't have to send cancellation letters out by recorded delivery. The postmen will put a note through the door when they are unable to deliver a letter to your address. So if you don't have a small card from your postmen, the letter has not tried to be delivered to your address.

Suggest a complaint to Brentacres managing director John White, asking him to look into this. By the looks of it, their head office is in Swansea. Perhaps see if you can phone and speak to him. Or at least get an email address for him.

If they failed to apply your new DD details then it is their fault and they should reinstate, just setting up the payments again. They owe you an apology and some compo for any error they have made, which has caused you a problem.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread