Kittenx v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have requested my statements by letter (19th) to my branch last week - not sure if this was the right place to send it too? going to phone tomorrow to see if they are sending them out. Also going to phone halifax visa as i also have an account with them. Hoping that this will get sorted out before xmas fingers crossed :) .

23rd oct - sent data protection letter to halifax

08th jan - mcol issued.

13th jan - halifax served.

29th jan - halifax acknowledged claim.

did you send the letter from the bank templates on this site? I am just asking as you say you have reqauested your statements by letter....

Hopefully u will be sorted for xmas!! Keep on top of yor timetable and you should be!!

hey ya

yes i sent the letter form the site the data protection one i sent it recorded last week so i know it has been signed for last thursday, i phoned today to speak to my branch - which is where i sent the letter too - after about 3 phone calls finally got told all mail gets sent to a central mailing office?? and i should ring back tomorrow when they should have it on their system... also told the charge would be £5 for the statements although i sent £10... going to phone tomorrow to make sure they have recived it and are going to send the statements. Have also sent a letter to halifax visa requesting statements - they will get this letter tomorrow...

08th jan - mcol issued.

Ok as long as you are asking them about your data protection letter and not just "statement" you will only be charges £10.00, you are requesting under the DPA any info they hold on you, it's up to them if they give it to you in statement form, however if you simply ask for statements they can charge you what they like for them, just be careful with that one, has your cheque been cashed? Did you get a receipt form your branch in exchange for your letter?

Claire is this you? :rolleyes:

25th spetember - Sent off S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

10th October - Received all statements

11th October - Calculated all charges

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

16th October - Sent prelim letter to Ian Shepherd

17th October - Letter delivered. 14 days starts today!

31st October - LBA sent first class recorded!

2nd November - Confirmation LBA received

18th November - Filed my MCOL for £1278. Bosh!

20th November - MCOL acknowledged

24th November - Acknowledgement of service

24th November - Received offer of £900. Rejected

30th November - Received offer of £1023. Rejected

it's been a week since i sent the first letter to the halifax , i phoned them today to see if my statements had been requested, the guy on the phone said it was not on the system yet but he would request them for me and would be a £5 charge for this, he also said that many people are doing this which is why it is taking a while, however i will stick to the 40 days.. in the meantime they have charged me another £78.00... :(

08th jan - mcol issued.

Don't worry, stick that on your charges aswell! :cool:

25th spetember - Sent off S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

10th October - Received all statements

11th October - Calculated all charges

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

16th October - Sent prelim letter to Ian Shepherd

17th October - Letter delivered. 14 days starts today!

31st October - LBA sent first class recorded!

2nd November - Confirmation LBA received

18th November - Filed my MCOL for £1278. Bosh!

20th November - MCOL acknowledged

24th November - Acknowledgement of service

24th November - Received offer of £900. Rejected

30th November - Received offer of £1023. Rejected

• 3 weeks later...

i SENT MY DATA PROTECTION LETTER PRINTED FROM THIS SITE WITH A CHEQUE FOR £10, THEY HAVE BANKED THE CHEQUE AND I RECIEVED 6 STATEMENTS TODAY, I PHONED UP AND WAS TOLD THAT THE FIRST 5 STATEMENTS COST £5 AND EACH ONE AFTER THAT WOULD BE £5 EACH. I WAS TOLD I WOULD HAVE TO PAY £100 TO GET MY 6 YEARS WORTH OF STATEMENTS. CAN THEY CHARGE THIS? WHAT DO I DO NEXT - DO I HAVE TO WAIT 40 DAYS?? PLEASE HELP.

08th jan - mcol issued.

i SENT MY DATA PROTECTION LETTER PRINTED FROM THIS SITE WITH A CHEQUE FOR £10, THEY HAVE BANKED THE CHEQUE AND I RECIEVED 6 STATEMENTS TODAY, I PHONED UP AND WAS TOLD THAT THE FIRST 5 STATEMENTS COST £5 AND EACH ONE AFTER THAT WOULD BE £5 EACH. I WAS TOLD I WOULD HAVE TO PAY £100 TO GET MY 6 YEARS WORTH OF STATEMENTS. CAN THEY CHARGE THIS? WHAT DO I DO NEXT - DO I HAVE TO WAIT 40 DAYS?? PLEASE HELP.

Hi i am pretty postive that thats no true you only pay £10 for the last six years. maybe its a delay tactic.

Libby

just phoned again after reading the faq, and mentioned data protection act this time the guy was helpfull and has put in a request to the statement department, maybe the other person was just being nasty.

08th jan - mcol issued.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i sent my data protection letter with the max £10 charge on the 23rd oct , they banked the cheque and sent me 6 statements not 6 years worth of statements, when i phoned they said in a nasty way that the fisrt 5 were £5 and each on after that was another £5 and it would be £100 to send me 6 years worth, i rang a second time and mentioned data protection the guy was more helpfull and said he would email the department. i have heard nothing for about a week. what is my next step?? do i still wait for 40 days?? or do i send them another letter?? please help..

08th jan - mcol issued.

hi,

They still have plenty of time to go but you can send them a reminder nearer the 40 day deadline if you hav'nt had them before then.