credit card debt and changing address

wolfie33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How much debt are we talking about? who are the creditors etc..?

you have few options

1- either call the creditors and find out the outcome. even if you do not have ref: they should be able to advise you.

2- get a credit report using a temporary address and use online (free for 30 days)

3- to find out if any CCj? you need to pay £4.50 to get a report of any CCJ. google uk CCJ registor

I believe that by now many of your debts would have been sold to scavangers DCA like crapquest and if that is true you could simply make a deal with them as they buy the debt for few pences to a pound. by never claim that you have money. always say a relative may be able to help if there is a deal to be reached. never accept the first offer wait and try again and again i am 100% sure you get a good deal out. exple if your debt is £5000 offer £800 then move to no more than £1500

let us know the outcome.

Thanks ATI

RBS 4K,Citi 1.7K,Halifax2K, Accucard2K at Jan 2005

Your advice seems to imply that its better to deal with DCA's.

I suppose your credit rating is destroyed whoever you deal with-no better in dealing with original creditors.

Temporary address ? hotel?

If you are goin gto pay it doesn't really matter anyway to get the full picture you ahve to give your previous address - if you pay by card they'll find you etc.

If these were the balances at Jan 05 then they will likely be lot higher now due to cahrges - citi's will go up by £50 per month - overlinit and late payment as will likely the rest -

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Thanks ATI

RBS 4K,Citi 1.7K,Halifax2K, Accucard2K at Jan 2005

Your advice seems to imply that its better to deal with DCA's.

I suppose your credit rating is destroyed whoever you deal with-no better in dealing with original creditors.

Temporary address ? hotel?

Dot Not deal with DCas until you are 100% sure there are the owners of the debts. if the debt is legally theirs and i repeat legaly sold to them(they need to prove that to you) then you can deal with them.

by now you can forget about your credit rating it has been damaged

I forgot using a credit card is not a good option when getting your CF . you could send a Postal order

try a temporary address if you can get one.

____________________WARNING__________________________________

NEVER NEVER NEVER give out your Account details to a DCA neither over the phone nor in writting . if you do I can assure you that all they have to do is put the payment through by faking a CV2 and pretend you gave them a phone call and paid. and then try to agrue with them .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some good advice here!

Just to go along with some of the views offered:

I would call the respective card creditors and ask where your account is at. If they still own it, then negotiate a full settlement, they will normally bite your hand off for it simply to get it off their books.

If a DCA own it, check that they in fact do own it, inspect their paperwork if they call.....If they own it, they will even more be likely to settle in full with perhaps a ten percent discount....remember, they bought the debt for between 8 and 30 pence in the pound dependant on its age and whether you are a home owner.

Be firm with them and inform them that you can pay off the outstanding balance but if they want all there charges etc they will have to take you to court, because you have budgeted to repay the balance only, then see who blinks first.....It won't be you.

Hope this helps

Tony

I agree with everything that was said above. one thing important to notice is that eventually they will find you bear that in mind.

the question is how patient are you? I have seen people who got away with debt completely and others who could not . it all depends how moral and patient you are.