• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Quickquid bank details please??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They can "want" whatever they like. If your circumstances havent changed, then they have to keep that plan in place.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what I thought, just was amazed LS responded at all. Although depiste me writing telling them not to phone they did but I ignored then I got teh email a few mins alter sayg they ahd tried to call to let me know they had accepted plan

It was your words though I think that speeded things up and jsut happen to co-incide with my payment arriving for both the accounts despite them trying to block by not providing details.

Im feeling more contented now Ive stopped the roundabout of PDLs and got off and sorted things out for now and all Standing orders setup. Phone has gone quiet from all of them as well.

They can "want" whatever they like. If your circumstances havent changed, then they have to keep that plan in place.

Yep. All you need to do is show a creditor that you indeed know the law and will not back down, and they soon give in. Mainly because they can move on to the next unsuspecting debtor.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Your probably right and that unsuspecting debtor could have been me before I stumbled across these forums. Both you and others have been a big help and actually put my mind at ease in sorting things out. Otherwise would have been juggling forever and a day.

Dave

Yep. All you need to do is show a creditor that you indeed know the law and will not back down, and they soon give in. Mainly because they can move on to the next unsuspecting debtor.

The sooner these cretins get regulated to the extreme the better. Not a single company is held in high regard and for very good reason. They merely bully anyone they can do, and in the face of someone not backing down, they just go into the usual routine of sending out repeat letters with random amounts added to the total

Repeat letters etc, and random amounts I agree and so to the regulation.

However it was me that approached the PDL companies over a period of time taking out loans paying back or carrying over etc so they are not entirely to blame. However when things got to much and I releasised the mess I had got myself into it but it was these forums that highlighted the bad practice and trying to make people pay higher amounts, Continious payment deducted (i narrowly missed that with my card being lost !!!!) and made me see a way to break the spiral and last month for the first time in over a year I felt a whole lot better. Regulating the industry and ensuring they stuck to the terms of issue of their licences would be the biggest thing that happens to PDLs

LS was the biggest problem refusing any payment unless it was twice the pro-rata payment I had already worked out but to a member on here providing words and a guiding light I would never have been a fighter.

Jsut grateful thanks to all concerned

The sooner these cretins get regulated to the extreme the better. Not a single company is held in high regard and for very good reason. They merely bully anyone they can do, and in the face of someone not backing down, they just go into the usual routine of sending out repeat letters with random amounts added to the total

• 2 weeks later...
still no bank details appearing. How can a company be expected to be taken seriously when they try and refuse generally accepted methods of repayment ?

I would love to see someone post their details here! anyone ??

In my experience, via live chat on QQ, theyve told me they dont accept postal order....but under the UK law they cant refuse any valid form of tender. One rep told me since i chose to mail in my payment, it takes 14 days to appear on my account. I sent them postal order which they received on 01/10/2012 and its now the 16th and still hasnt been credited to my account.

I have made them aware that I will not make any payments until this one is credited...and now theyre offering me a repayment of what i asked for only 56.00 a month which i accepted until they told me their manager will contact me to arrange direct debit, as i wont give the long number and security number to them... but twice theyve told me this, and twice nobody has called me.

They told me i sent my payment to the wrong address, as i sent it to their correspondence address not their payment address, as their payment address in sheffield is PO Box and nobody is there to sign for it and so it is not a secure method of repayment, lol.

I have now received two formal default notices from LS by email and in the post for the 2 loans. Im also getting text messages saying they have tried to obtain the full amount from my bank account but it has failed and they have charged for the failure. This is despite them having reluctantly agreed to accept the pro-rata payments and confirmed reciept of the first one on each account. I have sent them the letter regarding not freezing interest and charges to which they haven't responded. However int eh default notices it does say they may pass to debt collection agency if not paid in full according to the default notice and they will charge me £40 on each account. Makes me wonder whether I should have bothered to pay even pro-rata amount at this stage as its been eaten up immediately. Total Loans taken out in July 2012 was £680 over 6 months. Total AMOUNT OUTSTANDING ACCORDING TO THEIR RECORDS IS £1375.53 AND AMOUNT IMMEDIATELY DUE IS £850.58 Any letter guidance on this would be helpful. No additional charges have been added by any other PDL company and even Wonga who havent had the first pro-rata yet has not added any.

They can "want" whatever they like. If your circumstances haven't changed, then they have to keep that plan in place.

Well rudely awakened this Sunday morning by two texts from Lending Stream saying the have been unable to collect the two defaulted loans in full from my bank account. They obviously couldn't careless about any financial hardship that would have been caused if they were able to take the money. This is despite the fact hat they have reluctantly agreed prorate payments and received first ones. They are also aware of my income expenditure from form supplied so why after agreeing do they try.

They have tried 4 times since they sent me the email agreeing to prorate which was half he amount they were pressing me for. Other PDL companies have not once tried through CPA.

For those asking my card was reported lost so they were not able to get anything but as heirs nowt there would failed anyhow

As your bank to check it out but I understand that loan companies are supposed to accept any form of legal payment and they cannot inist on one particualr type and if they do then they would not look good in a court of law as they are preventing you from trying to reduce your debt

ASk your bank to check it out for you to make sure it relates to them if in doubt. My first payments been made and it hasnt been rejected and they seem to ahve rece3ived it ok

Dave, i just spoke to someone on LiveChat and she was refusing to tell me if that sort code and account number is legit...she was avoiding it and said they only accept payment by direct debit, bank account, cashiers cheque and bankers cheque whatever that is,

Hi there i have just had a very interesting conversation with QQ after i emailed them to explain i had a problem paying my loan back i initially got a guy who denied that they had taken 4 small payments out of my bank last month when i explained i had a bank statement in front of me with those paymentrs on he got quite snotty then i asked to speak to a manager which he said he would put me through to but failed to put me on hold while he shouted to some other guy he had one of those irate english women who was getting abusive on the phone ! by which stage i was furious and asked for his name then said if you want to call me names at least put me on hold he promptly put the phone down on me and his "boss" called me back. i have arranged smaller payments but too they have refused to give me bank details but said i can call them with my payments which i wont be doing because they then have my bank card details again !! which i have cancelled once because of them !!

thanks for the details i will email them now and ask them to confirm them and i will pay be standing order too thanks for the advice !

Good Luck with getting them to confirm the details cos they wont....they will just keep telling u they only accept direct debit, bank card, personal cheque and cashiers cheque...not giro or standing order. I tried to get tthem to confirm but they were admanant they dont do bank transfers or standing order. The way i tested it was that i sent a payment of 1p to then by standing order and the day it left the bank...i waited unti the evening time and then asked them for balance on live chat. they told me it was 1p less and confirmed that 1p had been credited to my account xx

LS have now sent me revised payment plan loan aggreement details and its showing on their site when i log in so for the time being until April pro-rata plan accepted and standing order setup all via email. Once again thanks for your help with original advice and letter template

• 2 weeks later...
Quick Quid supplied me with these detaisl and asked me to quote my loan reference.

- Select as recipient“CashEuroNetUK”

- Sort Code: 20 19 90

- Account number: 03759830

Hope that helps

Has anyone actually had QQ confirm that these bank details are in fact their bank details?

Help due to pay quick quid at the end of the month been in touch the ccs who have drawn up a payment plan to send to quick quid i have been put on esb due to the sudden death of my son do they except pay ment plans i lost my job due to break down