Notice of Assignment

Fossie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place but after some advice please.

We recently received a statutory demand from Capquest and following guidelines on here and elsewhere we have applied to have this set aside. We also asked Capquest to provide (among other things) a copy of the "deed of assignment". In response to that they have sent the attached copy letter.

Would this constitute the "deed of assignment" or are they supposed to provide some other document? (am I right in assuming the actual agreement between them and Barclays is what's needed?)

Many thanks

Barclays 22 Dec 11.pdf

Fossie, for some reason the pdf isnt loading into post 3 - if you remove "Barclays" from the title it will remove the link and give us access to the document :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi at no time will you be provided with a copy of the deed, you are not entitled to see sensitive/confidential documents such as this.

Notice of assignment is the document you have shown here it can be sent by the OC or the new owner of the debt or both.

IMO there is nothing to contest here.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Fossie,

If the a/c was delinquent for some time, I assume there were penalty charges added by BPF.

These can, and should, be reclaimed in full along with restitutionary interest, to reduce the balance owed to CapQuest.

Same goes for any mis-sold PPI on the a/c.

Do you have full details of all a/c transactions so you can identify all penalty charges and/or PPI.

I assume you are OK so far is applying for the Stat'y Demand to be Set Aside.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for clarifying Brigadier - will just have to continue on the other points we have raised then!

Slick - thanks to you also - the likelihood of penalty charges is one of the issues I've raised in the application to have the demand set aside - they've not actually provided a breakdown yet!

Hi Fossie,

I wouldn't rely on getting any info from CapQuest about charges. Send BPF a SAR if you don't have the a/c data yourself.

Also, I would not want to rely on the issue of penalty charges for getting the SD Set-Aside.

See more about CapQuest using (misusing) SD's here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?306742-Capquest-and-Statutory-Demands&p=3422496&viewfull=1#post3422496

Are you waiting for a breakdown from CapQuest. I'd focus solely on getting the Set-Aside and costs.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Fossie,

I wouldn't rely on getting any info from CapQuest about charges. Send BPF a SAR if you don't have the a/c data yourself.

Also, I would not want to rely on the issue of penalty charges for getting the SD Set-Aside.

See more about CapQuest using (misusing) SD's here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?306742-Capquest-and-Statutory-Demands&p=3422496&viewfull=1#post3422496

Are you waiting for a breakdown from CapQuest. I'd focus solely on getting the Set-Aside and costs.

Thanks - the penalty charges issue was just one several points I listed in the application. They've also yet to provide a copy of the original agreement so that's listed as well!

Will now also send off an SAR request as you suggest - thanks

Watch your deadline for Setting Aside the SD though.

The document you have received is what passes these days for a notice of assignment, as an aside,

the Deed of assignment can be requested and should be produced if this goes to court, but from my experience it will be redacted to the point of uselessness.

when I got mine it was a blanket agreement with no information linking me to them, dates which conflicted with their POC, it proved quite useful