• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CCJ paid for 9 Years but has PPI on PPI Loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

might well be but i smell a very big rat on this debt.

i'm not implying you only have to pay for 6yrs either.

bailiffS?? not unless they go via HCEO's and change courts either .

i bet marlin have no idea a CCJ exists.

the reason why i think this is a cash cow account

is the CCJ was never satified and has just fallen off

the payments i bet were NEVER going off against the CCJ in the first place.

a CCJ in its judgement typically specifies £xx PCM

thats what SHOULD have been paid

not some variable figure through some DCA

its a real shame you dont have a copy of the CCJ

or a record of how payments to the CCJ were going before it all go 'lost' in time.

i still say this is a cash cow debt.

you are not paying a CCJ to marlin

you are paying an old debt on the same account.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.

You were under no legal obligation to pay more than the amount set by the court.

Although the CCJ has disappeared off your credit file, if the account has been sold legally, and you default on the required payment, they can automatically apply to the courts for a charging order on your home.

It is important to carry on paying, but only the amount set by the courts, and not a penny more.

Do the SAR's and find out exactly what is going on. If Marlin have no knowledge of the CCJ, don't tell them. They cannot enforce the original CCJ unless they have a copy of the Judgment order, as the original creditor has confirmed that they have retained no documents, they will not be able to request copies either from them or the courts.

They can't reinforce and they can't issue another claim.

Debbie

if it were me i would stop payment

and force their hand...

what HAVE you got on me marlin.....

NOTHING!!

come on then, take me court - bet they cant

you weren't who took the CCJ out in the first place.

so cant just jump in with a CO after 9yrs anyhow.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and force their hand...

I disagree. If Marlin have been legally assigned and are aware of the CCJ, if payments stop they will be legally entitled to go for a charging order. I think its best to find out exactly what they have first. Pay the judgment amount only for the next couple of months and not a penny more, and depending on how they respond and what documents they have, then decide what to do.

A judge will grant a CO if you default on a CCJ.

Debbie

and force their hand...

what HAVE you got on me marlin.....

NOTHING!!

come on then, take me court - bet they cant

you weren't who took the CCJ out in the first place.

so cant just jump in with a CO after 9yrs anyhow.

dx

So you force their hand and they make you bankrupt or take all of your assets or force a sale of the house etc...

Once the payment arrangement is defaulted on the entire remaining sum becomes due in full and is enforceable.

I'm sorry but the advice being given above is terrible advice, if you want to play games with the judgment creditor then do so with your own debts; don't advise a stranger to take such a stupid and unnecessary risk with their life.

To correct another piece of inaccurate advice, there is no limitation on a charging order application.

Edited by asokn
  • Haha 1

I would also appreciate it if the mods stopped editing important parts of my posts; this is far too serious an issue to the OP for the rest of us to dance around the obvious inaccuracies in the advice being given by others. I believe the primary purpose of this forum is to give good advice, the advice being given is negligent, irresponsible and would be hugely damaging to the OP if followed.

Thank you all for the brilliant advice as I was getting very confused as what to do and what was going on with it all.

I will continue paying the CCJ until I have more information from Marlin and know that I am in my rights to stop paying.

Even if I have to pay this debt for the rest of my life I will do!

Just want the PPI taking off it as its nearly the most of what's left to pay!

To complicate matters I have over £5k of this debt as PPI and the loan was taken out to pay a previous loan

which had PPI on it so you can see how complicated this is going to get! I

f Marlin took me to court I would attend with all this paperwork I have to show the judge.

In the meantime I will pay what the CCJ requests as I have done for the past 9 years.

This will be via a DMP which I have been on for 9 years for a few more months yet.

The CCJ dropped off my credit file around the time that Marlin took my debt.

How can I tell if they know about the CCJ?

The CCj never satisfied it just dropped off my file after 6 years and Marlin have only had my account for approx 3 years now so timings fit.

I get yearly statements off them and have since they were assigned the debt.

Do I need to send a SAR letter to Marlin now or is it just the CCA letter I send to Marlin?

then you have a might big reclaim coming if you can just get ahold of the paperwork or already have it.

as the op says no=one has a copy of the judgement

i dont believe marlins know anything about it and are just collecting a delinquent debt.

the comment about ppi almost clearing the loan would have been nice to of know at the start.

with the rolloover from the old loan with ppi

it def will clear the loan!!

problem solved.

get that sar off.

if you have both the agreements

then post them up.

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

or convert them to .PDF

ENSURE:remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

dx

and they

Hi

Although the CCJ has dropped off your credit file, unfortunately until it is marked satisfied,technically it still exists.

The OC has acknowledged that they have written off the debt and closed/sold the account on. What we need to establish is whether the current DCA (Marlin) was aware that the debt had been litigated on when they bought it.

Have the correct procedures been followed when they bought this debt.

Have they applied to the courts to be substituted as the claimant.

Do they have all the documents, including the original agreement with the OC, which they will need to further enforce the claim.

Do they have a copy of the CCJ.

I think its best to do a SAR.

You can use the SAR template, but alter it slightly to ensure you get what you need.

Don't refer to the CCJ directly, just ask for all documents relating to any previous court action.

I had a CCJ with the RBS, they gained it in 1999, I paid £200 every month for 8 years, as soon as I stopped and challenged the debt, they applied for a charging order and got it. The courts aren't interested in any discrepencies with the original claim, or in your case the PPI, they will only look at whether you have defaulted on the CCJ.

Thats why you must carry on paying.The advice to stop paying and force their hand is totally wrong.

Debbie

I would also appreciate it if the mods stopped editing important parts of my posts; this is far too serious an issue to the OP for the rest of us to dance around the obvious inaccuracies in the advice being given by others. I believe the primary purpose of this forum is to give good advice, the advice being given is negligent, irresponsible and would be hugely damaging to the OP if followed.

you have your advise to give

i have mine,

your advise it is always good, never had any issue with it & never will - i dont operate that way.

but try not to be personaly confrontational - there is no need for it.

IF marlin know about the CCJ then my advise is crass

but if they don't it's A way to go

sadly i've seen this before. twice now,

lets wait and see

but as the PPI reclaim will wipe the debt out

we may now never know!

keep up the good work asokn.

dx

and they

you have your advise to give

i have mine,

your advise it is always good, never had any issue with it & never will - i dont operate that way.

but try not to be personaly confrontational - there is no need for it.

IF marlin know about the CCJ then my advise is crass

but if they don't it's A way to go

sadly i've seen this before. twice now,

lets wait and see

but as the PPI reclaim will wipe the debt out

we will never know!

keep up the good work asokn.

dx

The OP has now had the benefit of different views on this issue and has made an informed choice. That's the aim at the end of the day so a job well done by all!

All your advice and views have been a great help. It could go one of 2 ways so will get the SAR sent off and see what comes back and take it from there.

I have copies of the CCJ, assignments documentation and of the loan agreement showing the PPI so will get the PPI claim ball rolling too.

I'll post back when I get further info.

Cheers all x

• 3 weeks later...

I am back with the latest!

I have now received a letter from Marlin offering to cancel half of the debt cost if I pay them half by a certain date.

Is this normal?

I find it quite odd that I write to YB with a SAR and now this?

I hVen't even sent the SAR request to Marlin yet!

Or the PPI to Yorkshire.

Is this offer of half reduction in debt anything to think about or is this normal?

I have been paying for 9 years and 4 of them to Marlin so why offer me now?

Not in a position to take them up on the offer anyway!

std practice

when a dca knows the debt is un-en

or

all ppi/charges

or

sb'ed

HAHAHAHAHA

well well right again.........

they DEF know nothing about the ccj then

nor that you have been paying it

so WHY is the debt on a phishing list for them to buy....

because all your payments have been funding the harrassment of other debtors.

and the debt never existed after 6yrs when the ccj 'died'

dx

and they

Thanks dx100 uk.

I will get the SAR off to them and see what they have and will take it from there. Will still keep paying though just in case!

What does sb'ed mean?

How can the CCJ just drop off when I had been paying to YB for the first few years via Jeremy Sutcliffe sols

and the debt was listed on my credit file so the money for the first 6 years were offset on my CCJ.

Does this mean YB sold the debt on after the 6 years for the CCJ to drop off my credit file?

Don't understand how it's gone from a CCJ to DCA from a sale list?

Statute Barred. A CCJ will only show on your credit file for 6 years unless the creditor keeps updating it because it remains unsatisfied.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

the problem here is NO_ONE has ever sent a statement of account during all his payments to the 'CCJ'

when the PPI is reclaimed and the debt and needless wory over a CCJ has gone

we're gonna findout WHERE your money went.

i bet not a penny went off the CCJ debt

another drip of useful info is 'YB for the first few years via Jeremy Sutcliffe sols '

they well know for dubious debts .

i bet my that that cccs were paying them but the money went ot the profit pocket.

and all they did was 'shared' the cash cow payments around their other dca mates.

dx

but went straight to the DCA profit pocket.

and they

The first few years of payments definitely went off the CCJ as it was listed on my credit file as YB and a reducing amount as I paid each month.

It was around the time when it dropped off my file that the amount was assigned to Marlin

so only last 4 years of payments have gone to the DCA.

Other than receiving a statement from them every 12 months showing how much paid and remainng I don't hear from them as it is all dealt with through DMP.

Until all this PPI stuff came to light I just paid and was thankful for them being off my back until I started looking into the PPi

I hadn't realised all this underworld stuff went on! Bit of an eye opener if what I guess is going on IS going on. All still very new to me so learning as we go!

• 2 weeks later...

Another update! I have the SAR info from Marlin.

It is copies of:

the assignee/assignor letters,

a fact sheet that is a printout of all my payments to them from 10/2008 through to now.

A copy of all the telephone, letters and actions from YB from 12/2002 through to 9/2003'

then a long break to 04/2008 which records letter from cccs and monitoring installments payments.

10/2008 says MARR FR RSD to SOD,[ presume this is something to do with Sale of Debt?]

10/2008 [same date says] End of Judgment Monitoring

then assign Marlin CRA SOD AGT 19 and SOD Agreed all for same date

then day after says 'start of sale of debt abandon, debt sold, pass to SOD abandon, end of sale of debt and hold for report.

This is all YB information and this finished 10/2008 which is when it passed to DCA.

There is also a page showing the details of my judgement with dates, ref number and amount

but it is just a printed list and shows payments since summons amount.

This list looks like it is from the courts with a title of NAB Legal Additional Data and is the date of the SOD date in 10/2008 so part of the transfer of the debt information.

Then there is a copy of a Letter from CCCS from 2009.

This is all of the information they have and they have said in their letter they say they have complied with my request by providing all they have relating to this account.

What are my options now?

Does the CCJ still stand as they have been assigned the debt and all it's rights?

Anything I can do now?

i'll let andy comment.

dx

and they

somewhere you should also have a sheet detailing the abbreviations too.

dx

and they

Hi Spazter

Ok lets cut to the chase here the DSAR has proved to be of little help here.The basis of your problem is to reclaim PPI from the OC/Assignee as you believe it was miss sold ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Dx there was no list of abbreviations, should there be? I didn't request that info in the letter?

Andy, the PPI will not cover the full amount owed only a third of it as I only have one loan agreement to prove the amount as I can't find the other. I have sent my PPI to YB today. Do I have any other options?

If they use the Offset rule any PPI refund will reduce the debt anyway.Spazter if you cant prove the other PPI and they wont or cant forward the information I cant really suggest any other option.Have you done a section 77 request to ask for any other agreement in your name?

Regards

Andy