Lombard Direct PPI Claim - Is it possible with no account/loan agreement number?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - I am a newbee that happen to stumble across this very useful site.

Hoping someone could help me out with my query.

In 2004 I took out Loan/PPI with Lombard Direct.

I settled this loan in 2006;

however I have been thinking of how I could reclaim the PPI money back.

Unfortunately I do not have any paper work from the existing loan but looking at a snapshot of my credit report

I have the last four digits of the account/loan agreement number.

Looking at various posts it would seem that I would need to request a SAR with Lombard Direct.

However Looking at the SAR template it indicates that I would also need to supply them with an account/loan agreement number.

What I need to know is:

(1) Is the last four digits of the account/loan agreement number enough to kick-start a claim by writing to Lombard Direct?

(2) If I was to request a SAR with Lombard, could I do it without enclosing the account/loan agreement number?

(3) The Loan/PPI was taken out sometime ago (over 8 years) so is it still possible to claim that money back now?

I did look through various relating posts and FAQs but couldnt find a direct answer as I am missing some bits and pieces.

Thanks in advanced

You could certainly try with the last 4 digits, although it is my understanding that they should be able to find you from your name, address and D.O.B.

Do you have any old bank statements from when you were paying the loan - it is likely the account or at least a reference, number might show !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That's a very good question. At the time when I had this loan I banked with HSBC/Abbey and unfortunately I don't have any old bank statements from them; hence I was thinking about the SAR?

Lombard Direct's website has a telephone number - 0800 2 15000

Do you think I could call them and ask for it? My thinking was that I doubt they would be friendly enough to help without discovering my true intentions!

Is it possible to complete a SAR with Lombard and not enclose any account numbers? If not do you think I could contact them via phone and see if they would disclose my account /agreement number?

On a random note, I keep getting messages that I am entitled to between £3300-£3600 PPI refund. How would these companies get this information? Is it a false or based on actual detail from my closed loan from Lombard?

• 2 weeks later...

I rang them today and managed to find out my Agreement number!

Without dabbling to much into your business, wouldnt the 1st step be to write them a letter, rather than fill in the FOS questionnaire?

I am assuming your getting them to deal with your case rather then doing it directly?

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to the RBS PPI Customer Concern Team (the department that deals with PPI claims) in order to try and get a policy number for PPI taken out on my previous loan. They wouldn't give it to me but were happy to open up a new claim of being mis-sold PPI.

Was asked 3 questions and a claim was opened up. Will receive correspondence is post if claim is approved and a final sum/offer of money being paid.

Was this the right thing to do? I have filled in the PPI consumer questionnaire which I didnt post as was trying to get hold of PPI policy number (already have loan agreement number) ... Should I post this as well?

No... I haven't sent the SAR off. Funny enough when I was being passed around different numbers to call from Lombard; one of the agents gave me a number for the SARS Team who deal with historical loans - 0163 489 5322.

Will a SARS be necessary? If its ideal then I will do so. Might also give that number a ring tomorrow.

OK so you have opened a claim. They may send you a questionnaire to complete.

You don't need the policy number.

Have you sent the SAR off?