style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I gave in my notice to quit my flat, as required, two months prior to leaving. My landlord has now advertised the property with various letting agents. However, the landlords have also given out keys to the property to these letting agents, and when asked how many people now have keys to the property, they replied that they don't know, as many of the letting agents are subcontracting advertising of the property over which they have no control.

Now letting agents are calling up (mostly with an hour's notice) asking to show people round and saying that they don't mind if we can't be at home, as they have keys. I know that I have the right to refuse if not given 24 hours' notice, but it's more the principle that they have given out keys to unknown people without my permission. Is this against the law? It seems a bit much to change the locks with only 3 weeks on the contract left.

Thanks.

Franklin

I dont think you have much choice but to chamge the lock! if it just the barrel of a yale lock then not too pricey.

You jsut dont who will be letting themselves in?? and what if aomething goes missing, not worth the risk in my opinion.

Also you dont have to let anyone in if you dont want to, but at least 24hrs notice is reasonable and only if convenient to you.

if it was me i would switch the lock over but put the old one back on the day of moving

that way any viewings will have to be pre booked in advance to save any surprises happening

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)