Maternity leave - pub changed hands

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister is a manager for a local pub which is part of a chain. She has found out the pub has been sold and due to this has an appointment tomorrow afternoon with her area manager. She has to let them know if she is still planning on returning to work and if it will be part or full time.

If she goes back part time she can no longer be official manager because the manager is also the license holder and she couldnt do that or respond to the police or the alarm. I am also unsure if the new owners have any other pubs nearby. her partner doesnt really want her to return to work but as she has worked there for about 10 years she doesnt want to lose out on the possibility of getting paid off by the new owners.

If she says she is going back, can she then change her mind just before if it looks like she wont get paid off? What would happen if she did, say she was coming back, found out they wouldnt pay her off and then didnt work her notice? If she were to go back part time, could they reduce her income as she would no longer be manager - also previously she was entitled to a bonus every quarter - would she lose out on this or would they still be obliged to give her it? Could they pay her off if they couldnt offer her a job part time or are they obliged to do so because she is returning after maternity leave (6 months SMP and 6 months unpaid)?

Sorry its a bit sketchy - just received a text from her a few days ago and with us both having babies teething, havent had a chance to phone her!

Ask me any q's to help clarify and I will text her for answers!

Thanks in advance,

Nikki

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06