• Tweets

• Thanks dx for your kind words. I plan to renew my season ticket and write a new begging letter as following, can I ask for any suggestion about it?   Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,   Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.   I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.   I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.   Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.   I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.   I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.    Yours sincerely,
    • You did what??? You asked them to send you the documents that without them you had  a 100% ironclad win in Court. Why on earth would you do that? As it happens in this case, there is still enough mistakes in their PCNs and the NTH to have your case cancelled. Amd it may be that not sending those documents in the first place along with the ICO complaint and the letters from Alliance themselves which would confirm by the dates on the letters may be enough to cancel it anyway. I hope you have kept their letters as evidence? The chances are that Alliance will not actually take you to Court because of their errors but you never know.  You have made so much extra work for yourself in your WS if they decide to push their luck.though. Can you please post up their letter where they give the reason why I wasn't sent with the NTH.
    • I'm not sure that I fully agree with my site team colleague above.  My understanding is that there is nothing to stop you recording but it is strictly for your own personal use.   
    • I live in a student house, with 5 tenants, unihomes is our utilities provider, who we each have a direct debit set up with and have paid each bill every month. Two letters were sent in my name by BWLegal saying I had two outstanding payments due adding up to over £3500, I have tried to contact british gas (as that is apparently our houses provider) as well as Unihomes. Nothing has helped and BWlegal are pursuing legal action if these debts are not resolved by the 1st May. What do I do? I've called Bwlegal when i bring up that the debt isnt for me and for unihomes they hang up on me. so I am stressed and do not know what to do
    • cant do either if its not in a public place or on your land. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Hamptons Legal SD received Today - Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks so much 42man!

I am going to SAR them both and CCA Lowells. No harm in trying!

Can I also ask your opinion on my comment a few posts back please?

It says on my SD If I dispute the demand in whole or part I should contact the individual named in part B. That is the now infamous Stephen Hunter who is Head of Compliance at Hamptons Legal.

Should I think about also writing to him telling him I have no record of these accounts. I have CCA'd SAR'd Lowells and I intend to defend this all the way? Or should I stay quiet?

Cheers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd send any correspondence by recorded delivery or email...

Dear Sir

I am in receipt of your statutory demand dated XXXX which was delivered to me on XXXX. I am confirming my intention to vigorously set aside the demand as I have never owned any account numbers you state in your particulars. It is also my intention to bring to light your breaches under CPUTR2008 not only to the judge but also to the Office Of Fair Trading.

I trust this makes my intentions completely clear.

Yours faithfully

(type your name)

The CCA....do I have to send a separate letter and fee for each account number?

Thankyou

you might have to do that if this is re separate accounts, usually a cca request is per regulated 'account' (whereas a sar is not). but, they might just deal with it as all in one if you're lucky. what are the alleged 'accounts'? cr card, current, and or loan? good luck, again :)

Edited by Ford

ok, so separate matters.

presume you are going for set aside? note that a reason for a petition is non compliance with an sd (if it hasn't been set aside). also, note time limits. if over the 18 days, would need to apply for extension to time limit when submitting form.

good luck :)

Edited by Ford

Cheers Ford

I have to get set aside by end of next week.

I have had confirmation from Hamptons that they are trying to get original agreement from original creditor which is proof in itself that they do not have the documents they are meant to before the proceed!

DM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks

I have not had any further info on my CCA request from Lowells. They acknowledged receipt of my request and said they had asked original lenders for copies. They hoped to send them within 12 days but would let me know if they didn't hear in time.

Lowells have replied to my SAR request but it is obvious they haven't sent everything.

There is not one mention of any letters sent to me since they purchased these accounts and I have many many letters!! Their log also shows that they haven't called me in the last two weeks (funny that because I'm getting calls constantly!! - All logged).

So I'm guessing I write back to them thanking them but telly them it obviously isn't fully complying with my request and I expect them to send all further information within the required 40 days?

What is the situation with this?

As I haven't heard anything more is this not proof that they do not have the agreement and therefore should not be allowed to apply for BR without all the documents?

Can anyone give me any idea if I'm doing the right thing?

Many thanks

DM

Thanks Catquest!

If they can't come up with docs will they stop their proceedings? Or are they likely to continue without the agreement?

I am just reading up on charges! Although I have no record of these account numbers I do have many debts with many companies and one link lead to another....

I was always very good at paying the minimum payment before the due date before my life changed in 2009 so I doubted there would be any charges but I do have some overlimit and late payment charges for the time between CCA ing/stopping payments in 2009 and the time that they closed the accounts.

Still not sure if I can claim these back but I am still reading!!

DM

Make sure that when it goes to court you can tell the judge that you have never had any kind of account with the numbers they have stated.....

I also think you should mention the fact that the log they sent you indicates they have not made any calls and you can show evidence of their logged calls....

So.....

Lowells send me half an effort for a SAR and Barclaycard "require a signed letter of authority from the main account holder in order to accept requests from a third party signed within the last 6 months" They have returned my postal order and yes it's taken them half of their allotted 20 days to tell me this!

What a joke!

DM

Hi CAG

I haven't heard a thing from the court or Hamptons!

I'm thinking of writing to Hamptons saying that as they have not complied with my CCA request and as my SAR request has not been fully complied with I assume they are no longer considering making an application for my bankruptcy as they are unable to do so without the necessary documents.

Is this a good idea?

Any advice gratefully received.

DM

Hi 42man

Lowells SAR was lots of screen prints of various sorts and a list of notes but no mention of the letters they have sent me since purchasing the accounts. Also included a page for each account headed "Information for default Debt" listing charge off date etc last two on list are bank a/c amount and savings a/c amount that implies my savings account had exactly the right amount in it to pay off the one debt (I wish!!). There is also a statement of account and a copy of one of the letters I have sent but not the other!

As far as Barclays is concerned I understood their letter to imply they think a third party was asking for my information which I assumed was just another excuse to a get my signature and b stall for time.

Thanks again for your time

DM

Do you understand the screen prints and the abbreviations ? They should provide a key with what the abbreviations mean, if they haven't then they haven't complied properly. It seems they haven't included any copies of any assignment notices either, you could write back and state this, but you can potentially raise this at the hearing by stating that they hadn't complied properly with a data protection request....

Hi 42man

There is no key to abbreviations so I have done my best to understand them but it clearly doesn't mention the dates and contents of any letters they have sent me and as you mentioned no letter of assignment.

So I am going to write back stating they haven't fully complied with my request and I assume they will be forwarding further information as soon as possible as their 40 days will soon be up.

What do you think I should do about Barclaycard?

Should I reply to their letter or just show this to the judge if/when I ever hear from the court!!!

Thanks again for your time

DM