Compensation for DWP Error

luluspice
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Interesting post.

On Friday DWP told me that there system had my husband as passed away & all benefits were stopped. ! He had to go to our local Jobcentre with his passport & have this verified & emailed to the manager of agent who advised me of error in order for the payments stoppage to be lifted.

I was told yesterday it was all sorted, but I phoned DLA & Carers allowance to check...and guess what? They had a stop on all benefits too!! I am being sent a complaint form, but I am very uneasy about this whole thing. I contacted the DWP Bereavement Line to check the protocol for notifying of a death, and it seems it can be done over the phone. they take all the information available, suspend benefits and send out a form. Now, we do not know how this happened to us, but it seems this could be done by malicious persons very easily. In our case I am pretty sure it originated at DWP - I have been chasing Carers premiums for weeks. I also found out from Bereavement helpdesk that when DWP are notified of a death, that information is shared with HMRC, DVLA, Passport Office & other local government offices. So hubbys' Passport & & Driving licence could be cancelled!!!

I am in the middle of cancer treatment, hubby has mental & physical health problems, we do not need this stress. I have no confidence that this will go away overnight. Would not surprise me if we get stopped going on a flight for using dead persons passport etc!! Never mind that I have a sneaking suspicion that the DWP may well have been about to start a fraud investigation on me for claiming benefits for hubby!!

How on earth do you claim compensation for all this??