Arden Debt Management....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How annoying are these people?

I have a loan of £1,600 which was originally with Mint.

Ive paid £10PCM for a while as its all I can afford.

During that time ive not had any bother from Arden

.Ive had no phone calls or texts or any other communication..

... until....

. I contacted them to see if they would accept £400 as a final settlement courtesy of my parents.

Now all I get is constant calls and text.

When I answer they never seem to have any details of mine to hand.

Twice they said they would send me a Income/Expenditure form and it never turned up.

Eventually I downloaded one from the net and sent it.

I answered a call this morning assuming it was about the form which they should have received by now only for the

................. (Sorry, struggling to know what to call these people) on the other end

ask me if I can pay the £1,600 in full this week.

He then asked me to make a payment whilst they find the Income/Expenditure form!

Ive still got my Standing order set up so I will continue to pay that.

I called them to try and end the loan and now I feel like they are harassing me with their text messages and calls....

If they call tomorrow im just going to say I only want contacting again when they have reached a decision on my offer of £400...

Is it really so difficult? I only want a yes or no.... :-x

I have a loan of 1,600 which was originally with Mint.

Ive paid 10 pounds per month for a while as its all I can afford.

During that time ive not had any bother from Arden.Ive had no phone calls or texts or any other communication..... until..... I contacted them to see if they would accept 400 as a final settlement courtesy of my parents.

Now all I get is constant calls and text. When I answer they never seem to have any details of mine to hand.

Twice they said they would send me a Income/Expenditure form and it never turned up. Eventually I downloaded one from the net and sent it.

I answered a call this morning assuming it was about the form which they should have received by now only for the ................. (Sorry, struggling to know what to call these people) on the other end ask me if I can pay the 1,600 in full this week. He then asked me to make a payment whilst they find the Income/Expenditure form! Ive still got my Standing order set up so I will continue to pay that. I called them to try and end the loan and now I feel like they are harassing me with their text messages and calls.... If they call tomorrow im just going to say I only want contacting agaoin when they have reached a decision on my offer of 400 quid... Is it really so difficult? I only want a yes or no.... :-x

DO NOT SPEAK TO THESE PEOPLE !!

They have no power to demand an I& E from you !!

WHy is the debt still £1600 if you have been paying it at £10 per month?

Are there charges and/or PPI that need reclaimed?

Did I say, DO NOT SPEAK TO THESE PEOPLE, everything in writing only. Now they see you as an easy cash cow they will keep hassling you.

I have a loan of 1,600 which was originally with Mint.

Ive paid 10 pounds per month for a while as its all I can afford.

During that time ive not had any bother from Arden.Ive had no phone calls or texts or any other communication..... until..... I contacted them to see if they would accept 400 as a final settlement courtesy of my parents.

Now all I get is constant calls and text. When I answer they never seem to have any details of mine to hand.

Twice they said they would send me a Income/Expenditure form and it never turned up. Eventually I downloaded one from the net and sent it.

I answered a call this morning assuming it was about the form which they should have received by now only for the ................. (Sorry, struggling to know what to call these people) on the other end ask me if I can pay the 1,600 in full this week. He then asked me to make a payment whilst they find the Income/Expenditure form! Ive still got my Standing order set up so I will continue to pay that. I called them to try and end the loan and now I feel like they are harassing me with their text messages and calls.... If they call tomorrow im just going to say I only want contacting agaoin when they have reached a decision on my offer of 400 quid... Is it really so difficult? I only want a yes or no.... :-x

Hi Dean

Just going on what you have put - with the debt standing at £1600 and you offering the £400 then you may have stirred the nest so to speak - maybe they can feel / sense you paying a chunk and perhaps more without any formal (if you can call it that) full & final settlement deal.

Commision agents going through their scripts maybe:)

Like I say just going on the limited info you have put best to stick to your guns and see what comes back.

If you have not seen it before...Useful National Debtline fact sheet on harassment below that might be worth a pop (depending on circumstances of course) if they start to get too silly

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=03_harassment

Let us know how you go on etc if you can

chck your CRA file

does this debt show

tell us the history please

and STAY OFF THAT PHONE!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello everyone... Already ive had a call and a voicemail left from them at 0915!

My loan was higher than that. It now stands at about 1,600.

I pay 10 per month which comes off the loan without the interest so it is coming down.

I think ive def stirred the nest!!!!

The Calls and texts are too much and I guess they are on some sort of auto system which persistently calls us up?

I just find it so odd that I never got any calls before I contacted them to try and clear the loan.

They asked me if I had a work number they could contact me on.

Obviously I refused and I also refused to tell him where I worked.

I said I didnt trust that the info would not be shared.

He said 'I understand' which was quite ironic considering the harassing calls they send out.... :smile:

Forgot to add that their texts read 'we have some important info for you'.

This must be classed as misleading?

Just a yes or no to my offer is important.

Does anyone advise email for communication with them?

Its a bit easier than writing constantly via letter.

It was an email I originally sent with my offer so I know they read them..

Edited by Dean74

Hi Dean

I always email them but they never reply unless it's a formal complaint. They also have the habit of changing the email address on their letters and one of the addresses gave an non delivery earlier this week.

I think the moral of the story might be, 'Do not attempt to feed a rabid dog'.

x

v

Hi Dean

I always email them but they never reply unless it's a formal complaint. They also have the habit of changing the email address on their letters and one of the addresses gave an non delivery earlier this week.

I think the moral of the story might be, 'Do not attempt to feed a rabid dog'.

xv

Oh how true!

When I thought I was doing something positive it turns out not to be.

On my 12th call today and 7th text from them today.

Ive sent them an email asking to stop sending texts and calls as I will now only be replying via email.

I also stated that I only want to hear from them when they have made a decision on my offer.

I wont hold my breath though!!! :smile:

Hi Dean

Send an email complaining about harassment by excessive calls and ask for a copy of their complaints procedure. Say you are reporting this to OFT and complaining to FOS; a Formal Complaint is the next step when you actually do this.

x

v

Hi Victoria,

I emailed them yesterday basically stating that I will no longer be answering any texts or calls due to the excessive amount ive had from them.

Ive asked them to make a decision on my offer and to either reply by letter or reply to my emails.

Ive saved the letter on my PC and will continue to copy/paste it in an email until its cleared up.

0923 and so far so good :-D but we shall see!

Thanks,

Dean

A few days on and Arden are still calling although the calls are less than that of before.

Ive sent the same email a few times now so heres hoping they do as I ask...

A few days on and Arden are still calling although the calls are less than that of before.

Ive sent the same email a few times now so heres hoping they do as I ask...

Hi Dean

Al tough it's slightly unorthodox, once they harass me, I harass them; my standard tactic is to phone exactly 100 times with Radio gaga on.

Once they 'phoned me to complain that they were receiving unwanted calls from my number and would report me to the Feds (I kid you not).

I do not recommend my course of action; I just do what I do.

x

v

Hi Dean

Al tough it's slightly unorthodox, once they harass me, I harass them; my standard tactic is to phone exactly 100 times with Radio gaga on.

Once they 'phoned me to complain that they were receiving unwanted calls from my number and would report me to the Feds (I kid you not).

I do not recommend my course of action; I just do what I do.

x

v

Dont tempt me!!!

Ive now got a letter from them which is odd as its not an answer to my offer but telling me how ive not made steps to clear the loan.... Where is my tenner a month going then?

Letter says they can:

* Send a representative to your address (Good luck with that-this place is like Alcatraz)

* Passing your account to solicitors

Ive emailed them stating that their claim is false as I have and will continue make attempts to clear the debt and that I will only speak via email or letter due to their constant calls and texts.

Perhaps a letter to whoever regulates these people?

The time its took them to do nothing could have been used so much more constructively :|

Are they just trying it on or are they genuinely a bit thick?

Hi Dean

I have the same letter today (I get everything twice as my OH has an account with the letter sent 1 month ago) and it also includes the threat to charge me for someone to speak to me in person.

Following a formal complaint, they apologised for the delay due to MBNA being slow in responding (well I never) so I explain I have done a SAR to MBNA relating to charges going back to 1998 and I will respond once MBNA have answered.

Basically, they have bought a list of MBNA deliquent nos and no supporting paperwork; what they fail to grasp is that anyone who has a deliquent a/c with MBNA has already experienced all harassment known to man; so good luck to their computer.

x

v

PS interestingly Arden has three Consumer Credit licences under the same trading style; now why might that be?

The calls have started again... its 9.15 and already had 2 calls from them.

Ive sent another email and im tempted over weekend to repeat the email in form of a letter.

I will keep paying my tenner a month and take 13 years to clear.... Its all i have so its all they will get...

I love Arden Credit Management :whoo:

I got a strange text yesterday from someone claiming they could help me to clear any debts i have and they could speak to my creditors on my behalf.... Now I wonder who that text was connected to? It looked more like a mobile number too....

Edited by Dean74

Hi Dean

Diamond Bob actually said, 'I LUuuurve Barclays'.

They have 'phoned me precisely once. I responded with exactly 100 calls to their (helpful) 0800 number.

I asked for their complaints procedure.

I made a Formal, if somewhat rambling, Complaint.

I do not, nor will not, pay any DCA a bean.

Simples.

x

v

Hi Dean

Diamond Bob actually said, 'I LUuuurve Barclays'.

They have 'phoned me precisely once. I responded with exactly 100 calls to their (helpful) 0800 number.

I asked for their complaints procedure.

I made a Formal, if somewhat rambling, Complaint.

I do not, nor will not, pay any DCA a bean.

Simples.

x

v

Hi vic

Rambling.....what you vic........never.....no, not having it duck, you ooze much too much class for that :)

Hi vic

Rambling.....what you vic........never.....no, not having it duck, you ooze much too much class for that :)

Is that a gun in your pocket Wintry, or are you just pleased to see me?

Sometimes, rambling is good; one should not confuse the map with the territory.

x

v

Is that a gun in your pocket Wintry, or are you just pleased to see me?

Sometimes, rambling is good; one should not confuse the map with the territory.

x

v

Hi

Nice one again vic, you have me sussed (almost) its the truth:)

The gun is always in my pocket, not loaded on this occasion though and yes, pleased to see you as always

I never confuse the map with the territory.

Decided to set up one of those voicemail joke hotlines on my phone.... kept Arden busy this morning! I got 11 calls in a row from them... I guess they liked it...

Still no reply to my emails and my offer ends Sunday when I will email them again stating as much...

Hi Dean

I like the joke.

x

v

I love it!

Had one further letter from Arden stating that I should either pay in full or arrange instalments monthly.... funny that, I already am and always have paid a tenner a month... Cant help thinking someone cant be bothered checking records...

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi I'm having trouble with Arden Debt management, I've delt with cccs in the past over debts with hsbc and mbna, cccs put me on a budget plan 2 years ago and recommended I could only afford to pay each debt company £1 a month, Arden have since taken on the mbna debt currently £1065 I've never not paid and gradually increased the monthly direct debit to them currently £40 a month, they are saying that's not enough and are refusing to acknowledge that's all I can afford! Up until now i've refuced to tell them my monthly outgoings, but did inform mbna when I was dealing with them, when I speak to Arden on the phone they just keep trying to get me to pay more a month, I'm now receiving threatening letters this morning a final demand one! What are my rights regarding just keeping paying the £40 a month, I'm ignoring phone calls from them currently about 4 per day.

Many thanks in advance naparky