My Job Being Advertised!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just gone past my three month trial with my work and they have advertised my job, the good news is there is no written contract between us.

I have been employed as a van driver working from 8am- til sometimes 8pm which i know is illegal.

Last two days i have been having stupid arguments with the bosses.

Day 1 Web servers gone done, so the company not getting thier emails (btw i have been working on some of the companies web sites)

Apparently after a massive row, they appologised and realized it was not my fault

Day 2 Van broke down i got recovered by the AA and they offered to drop me home. whlie van was being repaired.

I explained every step of the way to the boss and then i get accused of wasting time as i came home and didnt wait for the van to be repaired where as i was told it would be a next day repair, they dont have a back up. I knew the repair woud not take a few hours as the boss thought it would.

Anyhow looking around today for another job and hey presto my job being advertised.

Never mind i have injured my back while at work lifting, and i was sti told i had to do my work.

Looking for all the advice you can supply me with what to do?

thanks in advance

Hello there.

What are you looking to achieve from this please? For instance, are you looking to claim for the injury?

Or do you think they've broken the rules over your hours? Or maybe you want to file a grievance over your treatment.

If you've only been there for 3 months, you have limited options because they can just tell you the job's finished as long as they follow the rules.

Sorry for all the questions, but if you can tell us a bit more it will help the guys to advise you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have just been trying to find out information ok, i have now been there for over 3 months these guys are horrible to work for i want to keep everything logged and take them to the cleaners when im ready.

I never thought of claim of the injury.

As for them following rules No work contract so how much can i do

There's nothing you can do, given your length of service. It's also not illegal to work a 12 hour day.

You may be able to bring a personal injury claim for your back, if you can show their negligence caused your injury.

yes a previous job I had many years ago which was a data entry clerk, I turned up on time everyday, no sickness etc. Then suddenly one day I was called into the agency office and told I was been sacked, the reason a very vague "the manager isnt happy with your work".

The manager didnt have the guts to tell me face to face and was left to the agency who are on site.

When I got hom eI rang up a phone number which is used for unfair dimissal claims and learnt I had no rights due to length of employment, although I di dget them for wrongful dismissal, which was on the basis that they had to pay me the rest of the week because it wasnt gross misconduct. So apparently they sacked me the wrong way but did have the right to sack me for any reason.

nick2 was your back injury logged in the accident book at work? did you carry on working after your injury? Not sure that you should say you want to take them to the cleaners as it sounds like you are looking for reasons to make a claim.

If they are that horrible to work for dont carry on working there. If they are advertising your job prehaps they are thinking of employing someone else.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.