Hire Purchase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

If a CCJ is granted on a Hire Purchase Agreement then does the CCJ then be passed as part of the assignment over to the purchaser?

Also does the purchaser of the debt then become the legal owner of the car until the debt is paid?

Thanks

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

that is a good question

my argument would be the debt purchaser would have no tital to the vehicle

this would be because the original creditor would have terminated the account prior to the ccj/debt sale

as such the ccj is for money owed, not goods

have you done a hpi check

wait for more comments though as i do not know the answer in law, just my interpretation

I'm wondering the same?

I bought a car privately from the auto trader locally and paid the going price for it, up until this car I'd hpi'd 5 cars and spent hundreds on them.

I saw this car and nothing seemed wrong so I bought it.

Nearly 18months later I got a private plate and registered the plate with the DVLA, then a month later I received a letter fro Billing finance to tell me the car had outstanding finance and they wanted to know all sorts of private data about me.

I told them that the finance was not on me but the previous owner and that I was an 'innocent purchaser' I received another letter again requesting the same information to which I sent the same letter I'd originally sent.

Recently I went to buy a new car and they hpi'd mine as a px and wouldn't look at it further.

Am I legally untitled to sell the car on?

It is my interpretation that if that person sold the car on knowing it had HP on it outstanding then it is sill the property of the Hire Purchase company.

For my question i am just wondering as the OP had rights to the car until i paid. Even with the CCJ they still owned the car until paid. What i am wondering is if the rights of the car as legal owners are passed when the debt is sold.

I have no idea why they sold the debt when it is been paid by CCJ payments but they did so am just wondering where i stand with the new company with regards to the car itself not the payments as i will carry those on.

Thanks

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

• 2 months later...

Anyone know the answer to this. Just want to know if a vehicle on finance remains on finance until the very last payment owed is made even if there is no agreement anymore

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed