Notice of intended Prosecution

sohest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi new to this but googled this this morning. we had such a shock, last night a notice of intended prosecution arrived for the car my son occasionally use.

He passed his test on 12th June and had gone for a drive with one of his friends, he went trough outskirts of a village with a sharp bend and coming around the bend he saw something ? rabbit run out towards his car, he pulled the steering wheel to avoid this and realized he had pulled it too far and by pulling it back oversteered and want up a grass verve and hit lower rung of ranch fence. he stopped and looked, he realized he had knocked the lower run out of the fence but nothing else. He panicked and drove home. all the time he was taking his test driving with me and the instructor he was a very careful drive and indeed i did 1300 + miles with him in the car before he passed. He is such a good lad, he studies hard at college and have two jobs beside this and has managed to secure an apprentice place next year. He is devastated and just panicked thinking how this may have affected his driving and with this his jobs and he would loose the apprenticship for next year.

He does of course know that he should have stopped and i have no doubt that he would have done had he thought he had caused any real damage or hit a car or anything else on the road.

we have been back to the place and knocked on the door of the house, the son was home and he did not even know there had been any damage and we could see no new repairs to the fence.

does anyone have any idea of how likely this may be to go to court?

I and he is devastated.

Hi soh

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

Hi

Can you t3ell that the fence belongs to the house you visited? Is the damage fence still there.

I would call again, and apologise. accept responsibilty. Ask them to provide you with a quotation to get fixed, and then go from there. I doubt court action would be taken if your son accepts liabilty, and the repair is made. Inform the police as well, that you have contacted the fence owner, accept liabilty, and will make the repair good.

Tell your son not to worry, afterall its a fence, not a person he hit.

easily repairable.

hi thank you so much for your reply, we are indeed going to try to go back today and see if we can actually see the householder, the fence seems to have already been repaired but we fully intend to pay for it and take responsibility.

i do hope you are right and they will not prosecute.

again thanks will keep you posted

i believe these letters from the Police are fairly standard in this scenario.

Remember if the police was so concerned and intent on prosecuting, they would have attended your home, seized/photographed your car, and arrested your son.

We found the owners of the fence yesterday and my son apologized profusely offered to pay for a new fence, they said that they had planned to replace as rotten, they were very understanding will go to see the police today home they are understanding. I suppose they have to follow up and ? take action.

we have now sent the notice to prosecute back with a letter saying how sorry he was and explaining that we are paying for the fence etc. does anyone know how long it may be till we hear what will happen?

hope someone knows it is such a weight over all out heads.