SD from Lowells via Hampton Legal for CAP1 card debt - HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That was a lot of reading...! Interesting stuff about phoning capone and being told what default charges and PPI refunds were due!!

Could help in my case...If they are still being so nice and transparent....think I will phone them before the court tomorrow am....

Mucho gracias citizenB, will keep you posted

Blue

Please do :)

BCOBS

hi 42man

cca was recieved by lowells 29th june and SAR recieved by Cap1 28th june.

As SD was in my hands on Monday 25th June I assume my 6.4 and 6.5 forms have to ne in to the court by Thursday 12 th July at the latest?

Have rough drafts written,but will it be ok to state in them that no reply has been recieved ref the CCA?

Also a wayne from Hamptons phoned the house on the 6th july but I wasnt able to get to the phone...should I have phoned him back?Would like to know where he got the number from....

Bluekooga

If you look at post #20 in this thread see this bit here -

The claimant has failed to provide a copy of the agreement despite a legal request made under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (attachment 1 (will be your CCA request))

SECTION 78 (1) CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a) the state of the account, and

(b) the amount, if any, currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

© the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

The Consumer Credit Act in section 78(6) States that

(6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;

Morning CAG

Ref citizenb post,Local court stated on SD do handle Bankruptcy petitions. I called capone on 01158433792 (option1 for PPI ,0ption 4 for default charges)

spoke to a very pleasant lady who gave me the address to write to ref complaining and claiming default charges. I asked how long before I could expect a reply

and was told it might be a while as they had loads to process.When pressed to give me the info over the phone, she said she would get someone to work out

the amount today and post them to me asap!! She also confirmed that PPI was attached to this account and that may take a while also. So,citizenB,as I have no

paperwork,how do I approach this with regard to claiming the PPI back?

You can ring the person named on the demand, state that in no uncertain terms that you are going to oppose the demand in court and claim your full costs. (If you can record the call all the better) and ONLY speak to the person named on the demand.

Morning CAG

Ref citizenb post,Local court stated on SD do handle Bankruptcy petitions. I called capone on 01158433792 (option1 for PPI ,0ption 4 for default charges)

spoke to a very pleasant lady who gave me the address to write to ref complaining and claiming default charges. I asked how long before I could expect a reply

and was told it might be a while as they had loads to process.When pressed to give me the info over the phone, she said she would get someone to work out

the amount today and post them to me asap!! She also confirmed that PPI was attached to this account and that may take a while also. So,citizenB,as I have no

paperwork,how do I approach this with regard to claiming the PPI back?

Usually you would send a Subject Access Request which costs £10.00 within that you should be provided with all the data they have (including the statements) in respect of your financial history with them.

Unfortunately they have 40 calendar days to comply and I would say your hearing would likely be, before then.

I guess you could send the request now - hope that they send it quickly or at the very least you will be able to put in your claim in after any hearing !

You really need to complete the spread sheet yourself otherwise you dont know if you are being given the correct refund.

BCOBS

Sending a SAR when you receive a statutory demand shows the judge that you are making a reasonable attempt to get information, (and lets face it you won't be provided with much information unless you do it yourself or the judge makes an' unless' order (which only gives them time) and in 99% of cases they don't produce all the relevant paperwork. In my own case when I successfully annulled my BR, one of the SAR's had come through and they didn't even have any record of me having ANY account with 2 of the creditors....so it can be a good move. If for any reason an adjournment does happen, by the time it does a SAR should have been complied with, and usually not everything that should be there is....

This second spreadsheet is a compound interest calculator and can be used both for PPI claims and Charges Reclaims on Revolving Credit Accounts such as credit cards. Compound interest is not an award that foslink3.gif will give in respect of PPI claims but it can be used in PPI cases that are pursued through the courts. It is the standard sheet that is also used for charges reclaims both on credit cards and loan accounts where interest in restitutionlink3.gif is claimed.

CISheet v101.xls

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

42 man,all of the above now makes some sense to me but am having trouble filling in form 6.4.

Can you help please?

Am I right in assuming that a and d will be Lowells and their addresses and b and e is me and

my address? Or do I put Hamptons Legal instead of Lowells?

Also that the court officials would fill in date time etc?

At the bottom it says solicitor?

What would this document be titled?

Sorry but I wouldnt want to put a wrong document before the court....

Edited by bluekooga

Set aside of a statutory demand is free.....the only time you may be charged is if you are filing a stat demand late or I believe the central London courts do charge, why are you submitting an affadavit as opposed to a witness statement ? To set aside astat demand you need forms 6.4 and 6.5 (witness statement)