Toothfairy/Northern Debt Recovery/Marshall Hoares/Appleton Massey Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advice? Ignore them and never speak to them on the phone. From now on, only communicate in writing. start communicating with sc /tf again. Ignore the dcas as the have zero legal powers to do anything.

If you have recorded the call then you must file a formal complaint with the oft, trading standards and also co tact Stella creasy mp. They will be very happy to listen to firm evidence about what these sharks are doing. the oft is also collecting information on them as they already have been actioned before.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send a simple letter back saying they are outright lying, include copies as proof of what you say, send the letter by recorded delivery, keep a copy for your own records, and then report the DCA to all relevant authorities.

Don't go into length with the letter, simply deal with facts, include proof, send, report and ignore.

WHat they are doing is normal tactics for a DCA. They are simply trying to harass and bully you into backing down and giving in to everything they say.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

AMS are nothing more than glorified DCA's. Regardless, they have no legal rights to the debt. Tell them to take a long jump off a short pier.

If the debt was already with a DCA, and you disputed what they said, and they try passing it on yet again, then thats a big no-no. In that case, send them http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency edited of course.

They cannot keep passing the debt around while it is in dispute.

Pay what you actually owe and tell them them to take you to court for the rest. if they do so we can help you with a defence. personally i think this company are doing a last grab attempt at cash since they already have restrictions on them by the oft, and it looks like they could have an even bigger investigation about to happen.

Edit your real name from that post katiepotatie. It could be used by the PDL to identify you and harass you even more.

Also, since they accused you of fraud, you MUST report them to the OFT. Wonga were already sanctioned for the exact same thing. Coupled with the very strange business management and operating practices of this group of companies, it could be their downfall.

HOWEVER, you MUST report them so the OFT has more information to assert their investigation on.

If you rang then, i hope you recorded the call. This group of companies is well known for denying anything was ever said on the phone, or will say someone answered the call who was unauthorised to deal with your issue.

Could you post your issue in the toothfairy forum? This will allow us to help you without crossing somebody elses thread. We can then give you specific advice that wont mix with advice to others.

You are on benefit. They get £1 a month no negotiations. They would be wasting their time going to court as a judge would most likely wipe the charges and interest and tell you to pay even less. Benefits are for living on. Not for bills.

Btw, they would have a very hard time justifying those charges in court if you contested them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a discount soon which comes to the amount the charges do.

Get that letter to the oft and issue a formal complaint with the pdl so you can get their final response and get the his involved. The oft seem to be building a pretty big case against them atm. Especially since they were already actioned before.

Get that to the OFT. It's seems to be becoming a habit with these muppets lately. You are in an IVA, if they were included, theres nothing they can do, no matter how much they stamp their feet.

Complaint to the OFT about their actions.

They dont have a "fraud team". AS you said, its a scare tactic.

They will get stopped if people complain. As has been said many times, they almost lost their license last time, adn the OFT look to be heading towards another investigation.

These Companies Are BottomFeeders Just Ignore Them.

If you ignore then, you are letting them go free and they WILL do it to other people. Guaranteed.

I meant ignore their threats but report them ^__^ :)

Never would I suggest to just let them be....

Gotcha. The wording of your post made me do a double take lol

They're under investigation. Just sit tight and sent an offer of repayment letter once a week.

If they refuse to acknowledge, thats their problem. Not yours.

That interest wont hold up. Dont worry. It's a blatant breach of OFT guidance on debt collection.

Make sure you are putting in formal complaints.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT664Rev.pdf

Have a read of that and if any of them applies to your situation, get complaining.

• 2 weeks later...

They send that message to everyone. IF they refuse to put things in writing, then ignore them. It is your legal right to have everything in writing. Also, with these idiots, the doorstep collector rarely if ever comes. It's used as an empty threat to force you into paying something.

Have a read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members

Good job getting it all to the OFT as well.

• 3 weeks later...

When you applied for the original loan, there would have been some kind of a checkbox that says " i agree with the terms and conditions" or some mumbo jumbo along those lines. With PDL's, it wouldnt surprise me if it was hidden.

Could always ask them to point out where it says you signed it. But honestly, as havinastella said, its probably a lost cause now, since CCA's have much less power than they used to.

Stop worrying. Its exactly what they want you to do. get in touch with trading standards, oft, fos and especially stella creasy mp. she has a lot of push in the media in regards to these idiots.

• 4 weeks later...

Never EVER under ANY circumstances give them wage slips, bank statements or anything like that. They are not entitled, allowed nor need any of that info. All they need is a basic budget summary and have you sign it as a declaration of fact. Thats it.