City financial unfair charges

gazel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a mortgage with City Financial in 2000 and I finished paying it in 2011 this should have been a 10 year mortgage but after the 10 year period I phoned them because I thought I had finished paying and they told me they had added time on to my mortgage because of late payments during the period of the mortgage even though when I knew I was going to be late paying I phoned and let them know and they said there would be no charges but they put charges on and interest.

Would it be possible to claim these charges back if so how do I find out how much I was charged?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 8 months later...

I have the paperwork for this account eventualy but I'm not sure how to work out what is an unfair charge and is there a tempalte letter that I can use to send to claim the unfair charges?

• 2 months later...

I worked out that in unfair charges they owed me is £925, I used the template letter and sent it off. They have wrote back to me this morning saying:

Your secured loan agreement was regulated by Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA). In 2006 there was an amendment to this legislation which took effect in relation to your loan account from 1st October 2008. In order to comply with this amendment we changed the way your loan account was administered to be able to provide you with the required regulatory information should your account fall into arrears as a result of a failure to make monthly repayments.

They have reviewed my account and identified some errors and I am entitled to £135.51 and have included a cheque

I am sure it amounts to more than that but am unsure what to do now, should I write to them again? are they just sending me the £135 hoping I'll cash the cheque and it will be over for them